Student Invest

W

WebBoard

I am planning on going to uni next year but over the last 6 months have become quite interested in property investment. Was wondering if it is possible to start PI with no money and no real ability to save money over the next few years. Any help would be very much appreciated.

Thanks

Heavy T

Last edited by a moderator:
Reply: 1

A thought for you to keep in mind is that wealth is not made by having money, rather by using your head.

Keep in mind that the world is full of people who have plenty of money but no time to research how to invest it effectively - that's why they hand it all over to someone else (a "professional commission earner") to handle for them.

How would one of these well-heeled people respond if you were to research the market, find the deal, and present it to them as your prospective partner? In this instance it would be a partnership of you with the brains, and they with the (financial) brawn.

You'll find that if you know the market, you'll know a deal when you see it, and you'll easily be able to 'sell' a deal to a prospective partner. There's a big difference in perception between a 'partner' and an 'advisor'.

Best of luck to you.

Reply: 1.1

hi,
even if we were to know alot about the investment market and have an eye for it i would like to know how an average student can get in touch with people who have the money and no time....i am intrested but i dont know anyone with the money or interest
thanks

Reply: 1.1.1

Heavy T,

It is all boils down to one question - do you have your own money or not. If you do, well you are set. If not you have to borrow it. If you have to borrow you need some form of security. Do you have any security to put against it such as equities, shares, money, or job?
As I understand to purchase property is only part of the problem (plenty of them around), assuming you get finance approved, which lead us to next question - do you have deposit and regular income in any form or shape?
You can buy some properties these days with no deposit but you still need finance to secure that property.
To get finance approved you probably would need equities in other property (already own by you or members of your family) or an income such as - your own income or ma & pa's income, income from grandpa's family trust or grandma's share portfolio.
You do not have to borrow any money at all to buy it if you will come with lump sum of your own money (hard cash).
You probably can even get away purchasing real estate with no using your own money at all if someone will buy it for you or you will inherit some.
The other question would be come up with regular repayments on weekly basis. If you do have tenant in the house and get regular and steady income from them you are laughing, but what do you do if you have vacancies for prolong period of time? You have to top it up out of you own pocket. What do you do about your own expenses such as - meal, shelter, closing, studies, entertainment, etc?

Any way please let us know if you managed to find way around that problem would be interesting to have look at it.

Serge.

Reply: 1.1.1.1

To Heavy & other students,
If your seriously considering property investment, then send me an email as I may have a couple of suggestions & may be in a position to offer you some help.

Regards Tony

Back