Sub division in Lake Maquarie Council

Hi all,

Im new to the developing game so forgive me if this is a basic question, but i have a property in dora creek (2264) which i was fortunate enough to inherit.

Its an old fibro house siting on the front or a 1200m2 block what are the steps to finding out if this particular block is able to be subdivided?

will the council give me a yes or no? or do i see an architect or surveyor?

Thanks in advance

Council will only give yes or no once they have an application. Depend council development officer and council you will get varying responses from nothing all the way to things to look out or and include. I would speak to council first if they can't help ok much would be looking at good architect or town planner

A town planner with survying practice/links would be my preference - have a read of the planning map in the LEP, check the minimum size of lots in the area.

You really need to speak with council especially with this being at Dora Creek.
Much is in flood prone area's unless your further up Newport road towards Cooranbong.
Anything new these days down around the creek level seems to be build very high.

Thanks alot for the replys,

I was aware of some flood prone areas, and that was a query i would definately have.. i suppose a trip to the council is in order..

Thanks again.

Back