Subdivision help - water/sewer connections

Hello,

I'm in the middle of dealing a two-lot subdivision, where a proposed property will be built behind an existing one.

I'm up to stage where I need to get a Certificate of Compliance from the water authority (Yarra Valley Water) and trying to arrange the plumbing works. Is it correct that I need to arrange for water and sewer connections? And what are the approximate costs?

Would it be recommended to have Yarra Valley Water's plumber contractor to do the work, or should I find a plumber?

Your assistance would be greatly appreciated.

(I apologise if I haven't provided enough information. This is my first time dealing with a subdivision and I'm completely overwhelmed by it.)

Usually with these kind of things the plumbing can ONLY be done by a Yarra Valley Water authorised plumber - not just anyone.

As for costs, well, it will be a lot. Why didn't you just get a construction loan to build the second unit, and include all the subdivision costs in the building contract to minimise your cash outlay? People usually build then subdivide, not the other way around as it wastes a lot of time.

I'm doing the subdivision on behalf of my mother who is away. This is the route she took, so I don't know why she didn't do it differently. She was intending to build the property at the back then sell both lots. Then she decided she wanted to subdivide, sell the existing property and the land/ permit for the back lot.

Back