"Subscribe to this Forum"

Can someone explain what that means, and what benefit it produces for me? Does it mean I'll get an email every time someone posts in the forum, or what?

I get these emails for "Threads" that I have made a reply to, and I have not subscribed to any "Forums".

Subscribing to a "Thread" is implicit based on replying.

Subscribing to a "Forum" does what?

You can switch that feature off you if wish in the user control panel...I think it is an automatic feature when you join the forum.

Can we get the email digest yet ???

Hello everybody....

Can we get the email digest yet?

I like to get a daily hit of every message.... and i'm not a find and read type of guy on the internet.

I like to get a daily hit of every message.... and i'm not a find and read type of guy on the internet.

MSN allows this on their property investing forum, but I find it a bit crap because in their case they only send the new messages, so the whole "thread" (ie. context) is hard to understand, unless you've been following it religiously from the outset.

Sometimes they may as well just give you the headings and you decide if they're worth reading!

I always use the "View Todays Active Threads" option. I don't have to hunt through forums (fora?), and I can see all new threads in context.

My only problem with this feature is that if I miss a day, there's no option to search "yesterday's" active threads in a single list,

Sim', is there any chance of extendin that search to allow a number of days to be entered?

Re: Can we get the email digest yet ???

Originally posted by Ross Sondergeld
Can we get the email digest yet?

Email digests are supposedly going to be in vBulletin v3.0

I've been playing with the beta version but can't find any reference to this functionality - I've asked for clarification from the developers.

No promises - but I'm hopeful this feature will be coming.

There goes that dodgy Sim double posting to bump his stats :)

Another feature ppl might find useful is the View New Posts feature.

That way you can read all the threads that have been active since your last visit

Back