Suggestions on Suburbs in Perth

It was a dry camp because a few years earlier some smart fellas had hoarded their 2 beers a day quota till Friday and drank them all and stolen the train and derailed it. Anyway even without booze people found creative ways to get fired so one week I found myself working 21 hours out of 24 and almost fell asleep and tumbled down into a pit of molten sulphur.
All sites I have been on so far have been dry camps... I make the medic's job too hard with alcohol!
I have heard a similar story of giving 2 beers each on Christmas day but the guys would give/ sell/ trade them, so some guys ended up with too much... leads to problems.

I would hope companies are much more aware of safety issues including fatigue thesedays.
That's scary stuff:eek:
Steve

Any thoughts on Bassendean?

Riverside suburb, on the train line, many million dollar homes.

It is a suburb going through change, was once a thriving town centre, now a little quiet, but lots of renovations going on, young people moving in, and a town centre vision plan drawn up for significant redevelopment and rezoning.

Can it buck the trend and continue to grow through the next few years?

Any thoughts on Bassendean?

Riverside suburb, on the train line, many million dollar homes.

It is a suburb going through change, was once a thriving town centre, now a little quiet, but lots of renovations going on, young people moving in, and a town centre vision plan drawn up for significant redevelopment and rezoning.

Can it buck the trend and continue to grow through the next few years?

and isn't ashfield - right next door - going thru some redevelopment as well?

Tim

and isn't ashfield - right next door - going thru some redevelopment as well?

Tim

Ashfield still has a high proportion of state housing, which is supposed to be being reduced by the govt to the suburb average by selling off houses. Not sure how that is going but things are moving very slowly in Ashfield. Bassendean is a lot more appealing at the moment, but understandably more expensive.

The old tavern has been knocked down, but it has been a vacant block for some months now. I believe Ausprop is developing that.

There's light industrial in the area which will probably hold it back somewhat.

Thanks Nor !

Yes everyone seems to be heading over there. Actually my FIL is back in UK on holiday and he says its more crowded than last year on south coast.
I didnt actually fall in. I was leaning on a metal rod and started tipping over as I fell asleep. I woke up with a start and I my mate grabbed me. Anyone who fell in the sulphur got fired to add insult to injury.

Back