surveying costs for 2 lot subdivision

I'm working out the costs on a couple of potential purchases - can someone help with recent survey costs?

Thanks

I'm working out the costs on a couple of potential purchases - can someone help with recent survey costs?

Thanks

How long is a piece of string?

Depends if its survey or non-survey and many other things. Best bet is to call a local surveyor and ask.

also depends on what you get the surveyor to do - they can facilitate the entire process for you from begining (initial survey) to end (lodgement with lands titles office) and everything in between (dealing with council/neighbours etc) if you wish.

or they can just do the survey and you do the rest.

get a quote (or three)

Ani,

Its not a big expense. My memory is not as good as it should be, but I think the full contour survey with adjoining properties window hieghts etc etc cost only $1,500. If you just want a boundary survey it would be less than $1,000.

In fact, if I were on my old work computer I'd be able to attach the quote. If you need it then let me know and I'll get it off my computer at home. I also have the detailed requirement form that my architect provided which shows everything required of the surveyor. But for a subdivision, the detail required might be lower than that for my architect.

Cheers,
Michael.

Thanks all

I'd love the details Michael.

I did get one quote of 4k and I thought it was over the top for a simple block!

I did get one quote of 4k and I thought it was over the top for a simple block!
That is over the top!

I'll try and dig that quote out tonight. Bug me by PM if I forget! Aden can be quite demanding at nights... ;)

* edit *

OK, I dug out the two quotes (Aden has just gone to bed) but couldn't track down the document from my architect spelling out the requirements of the surveyor. I've attached the quotes here so others can benefit as well if interested. They do state what they include so are pretty good in that regard anyway. Ani, I Hope these help and good luck with it.

Cheers,
Michael.

Attachments

• 1636PittwaterRd,MonaVale.pdf
    92.9 KB · Views: 173
  • 231106Pittwater.pdf
    43.3 KB · Views: 438
Last edited:
Back