Sutherland Shire Buyers Agent

Can anyone recommend a buyers agent for the sutherland shire? And, $600K what/where would you buy for good long-term growth and continual rental demand in the shire? thanks

Hi,

Sorry that I can't help you with a BA recommendation.
However, can give my opinions on the areas which I believe will perform the best.
My first pick would be the geographic centre of Sutherland - Miranda.
It has a train station, multiple bus terminals, a multitude of medical services with 2 more complexes to be finished soon, not to mention Sutherland hospital also located in Miranda.
Then there is Miranda Westfields which is currently undergoing a $435 million upgrade/expansion which solidifies the suburb as Sydney's southern central business district.
http://corporate.westfield.com/video/?video=miranda-3

Miranda would be my first pick, followed by, (in no particular order):
Caringbah
Gymea
Kirrawee

The type of property you select and it's proximity to services will make a big difference toy your rental success in the long term, growth for all these areas I'd expect would be similar.

We have a 3 bedroom duplex unit in Miranda, about 200m perpendicular to the train station, so far enough for no noise, and it's never been vacant in the few years we've had it and getting $650/week rent. Just on the market now and 10 applications for it on the first open for inspection.

I'm not so up to date on the status of the market, but expect it's pretty hot right now.
It will be tough finding a great deal here, I'd expect the same in most areas of Sydney in this median price range where all the competition is.

Good Luck.

Last edited:
thanks Ace, I too like the look of all those suburbs you mentioned - they're great areas. What do you think about quality 2 bed units in Cronulla? I do realise the market is moving, as it is everywhere, as you said. Will my price range get me into Cronulla?

One of my BAs, Michael, buys in the Sutherland Shire on a reasonably regular basis. Flick me a PM or an email if you're interested.

thanks Ace, I too like the look of all those suburbs you mentioned - they're great areas. What do you think about quality 2 bed units in Cronulla? I do realise the market is moving, as it is everywhere, as you said. Will my price range get me into Cronulla?

Personally I think the Cronulla market is more volatile and less stable overall compared to the other suburbs I previously mentioned.
It's a bit more of a lifestyle suburb and gets extremely busy in the holiday periods, but dies down again in off season.
You could definitely get a good investment there, but I think the other suburbs will appeal to a wider market and will give you more overall stability with your investment.

I've spoken to an agent in the shire who advertised himself as a buyers agent charging a $500 search fee, and 1% commission on the purchase price. When he started recommending off-the-plan developments I asked if he was also working as a real estate agent, to which he said he was. I couldn't help but think my best interests wouldn't be met here.:rolleyes:

Thanks Prop and Jacq for the recommendations, I'll definately be in touch soon with one of those buyers agents. :)

I've spoken to an agent in the shire who advertised himself as a buyers agent charging a $500 search fee, and 1% commission on the purchase price. When he started recommending off-the-plan developments I asked if he was also working as a real estate agent, to which he said he was. I couldn't help but think my best interests wouldn't be met here.:rolleyes:

Thanks Prop and Jacq for the recommendations, I'll definately be in touch soon with one of those buyers agents. :)

Back