sydney commercial floor rates

hi all
this little excel is the current for sale rates and the per sqmtr rates for sydney as of friday
if some one wants to go thru there cbd and post it (only cbd prices please I do not know all the areas in all the cities so they have to be cbd so for sydney stop at broadway,kings cross, the cbd side of the bridge, looking a blue chip floor space only.)
it would be very helpfull and I will explain why as the post progresses.
I want for sale prices not rpdata values.
as rp data gives me historic pricing, I want current market pricing.
at the moment leased property is lagging, vacant property to a large degree and is a good market to look at
and as I have read that you are looking at being educated in commercial property I thought I will post this post.
I am buying comm property at the moment and I will post here the reasons for it.
an historic data is not a lot of use as you need to wok out how a market if flowing to take advantage of it.
the excell gives you 40 properties that are on the market as of friday.
I calc the total of the per sq rate and divide that by the number to give me the average for the city.
I they work out my purchase p/sq rate against the average.
I do the same for rental.
and then I get a rate that is average for the current rental for that building or that area.
this gives me a bench market.
and then I look at vacancy rates for that building and area.
simple stuff.
I will explain how or why I use this data should people post it.
I am looking for melb, brisbane and add to sydney data
you will see the streets to you get an idea of the areas that I am gaining data on.
will try to add excell not sure why its not up loading

not sure if this up loaded will see.
yes it did.
I will give a couple of examples of how this data helps when the inks dry.

Attachments

• working numbers in sydney cbd.xls
    16 KB · Views: 131
working numbers erth cbd

Hi Grossreal

I went to do a similar spreadsheet for perth but there are only 2 properties for sale in perth on realcommercial.com.au All the rest are for sale EOI or by tender... This market is crazy here. I've put it on a spreadsheet but there just is not enough data yet I guess.

Don

Attachments

• working numbers in perth cbd.xls
    21 KB · Views: 105
Hi Ausprop. That is big, but there is obviously potential if they ever developed?

has anyone got figures on Pert CBD prices / history? Just interested now that I've bought in there! Probably should have done this before buying :eek:

Thedon

Hi Grossreal

I went to do a similar spreadsheet for perth but there are only 2 properties for sale in perth on realcommercial.com.au All the rest are for sale EOI or by tender... This market is crazy here. I've put it on a spreadsheet but there just is not enough data yet I guess.

Don

Got the same problems here in brisbane. Its a sellers market and they are all pretty much asking for EOI

Hi Ausprop. That is big, but there is obviously potential if they ever developed?

yeh but even at just pure land value, the development potential would appear to have a very high price tag if they paid anywhere near this, which in this market I expect they would!

it looks similar but it is actually up further on thomas street right next to the Rheola building that devwest did a couple of years ago. it also serves as the dutch embassy or whatever the name is for minor embassies??

as for the commercial one - no major updates, just working thru the DA process and trying to keep the team focussed! the block has appreciated significantly in the short term of ownership and there would be a quick $1m+ if we wanted to flip it off but the real prize is thru full development. will update the 'toe int he water' thread but am just going thru some fairly decent trials and tribulations which is nice at xmas time - hopefully will make a good story come mid january

Back