Sydney Market at top - calling a severe correction in 2018-2019

Some of the most desirable places to live in Sydney are 40km from the cbd? Like where? Are they inherently desirable or simply relative to income?

Some of the most desirable places to live in Sydney are 40km from the cbd? Like where? Are they inherently desirable or simply relative to income?

Yeah exactly what i thought as well........... I mean Castle hill/baulkham hills is nice.
I have never heard any of my friend says "I want to live in Blacktown/Mount druitt"..... Majority of young people prefer lifestyle (cafes, shops, shopping center, beaches, etc) where they can hang around with friends after work and etc.....

+ Most of us Young generation, we don't like spending our weekend cleaning the house (doing maintenance, etc), or gardening. Majority spend their weekend out and about. This is why inner west, lower north shore, easter suburb apartment are so popular.

You'd be surprised.. The prices that developers have paid recently in NW for land they have to increase the price of land a lot compared to what others are selling for if they wanna make money... Anything there gets gobbled up by Indians, Chinese and retirees.. A lot of it depends on what product you're buying.. The big Mcmansions are goonee.

SW is a bit of a worry to me. I don't know how people will feel having an airport 15 mins to their houses.. Imagine the noise..Also the amount of land available is nuts, and there's even more being rezoned. Markets within markets. I wouldn't touch anything past Leppington anymore..

Don't worry mate,
See this map:
2014-04-16-badgerys-flight-path-over-employment-lands.png

Aircraft noise from Badgerys Creek will primarily occur over industrial lands, shown in purple.

Additional sup[porting evidence: http://www.liverpool.nsw.gov.au/__data/assets/pdf_file/0018/25245/Noise-Forecast.pdf

Could be right, but some house and package land closing it at 1 mill mark and they're like 35-40km from CBD....... Who can afford these......

I mean most of my friend (we're gen Y next gen), we're all looking at 650-700k 2 bed Apartment closer to CBD these days. Who want to live that far away...... for close to 1 mill...

yes, like Zetland, Roseberry and Green Square etc...
and most recently in Lane Cove area.

yes, like Zetland, Roseberry and Green Square etc...
and most recently in Lane Cove area.

Of course.... This is the area where the current generation want to live Zetland, chatswood, marrickville, lane cove, Maroubra, Neutral bay, Cremorne... etc...

Many young people/couple buying 1 bed to live there. I never encountered young couple in their low 30 or high 20 wanting to live in Leppington, etc........
I'm sure there are, but majority of my friend will prefer lifestyle over everything.

Hi Guys,

long time lurker first time poster,

Any advice for a first time investor? we built our first home in one of the new estates in Western Sydney 3 years ago and land prices have gone a bit nuts since then. the equity is kinda burning a hole in my pocket.

I read a lot of you are wanting to wait a few years before dipping back into the Sydney market. if you were to buy in the next few months where would you be looking?

I like the idea of Sydney for my first IP because i can go to the areas whenever i want, and thought doing some DD around Westmead would be a good idea as i go past it every day. i like the proximity to Parramatta. i also like the suggestion to find a 2B in the best area i can afford.

any suggested reading material to get me started? is YIP mag worth subscribing to?

thanks!

Hi Guys,

long time lurker first time poster,

Any advice for a first time investor? we built our first home in one of the new estates in Western Sydney 3 years ago and land prices have gone a bit nuts since then. the equity is kinda burning a hole in my pocket.

I read a lot of you are wanting to wait a few years before dipping back into the Sydney market. if you were to buy in the next few months where would you be looking?

I like the idea of Sydney for my first IP because i can go to the areas whenever i want, and thought doing some DD around Westmead would be a good idea as i go past it every day. i like the proximity to Parramatta. i also like the suggestion to find a 2B in the best area i can afford.

any suggested reading material to get me started? is YIP mag worth subscribing to?

thanks!

I have Recently bought one in Westmead. I particularly like the area. Lots of demand with low supply.. 2 bed 2 bath apartment.
Upcoming infrastructure into Westmead including New University Western Sydney :http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/ne...rn-sydney-campus/story-fngr8huy-1227372558142
And potential Light rail (which might get a green light end of this month).
Also Hospital is currently under construction for an upgrade.

I have Recently bought one in Westmead. I particularly like the area. Lots of demand with low supply.. 2 bed 2 bath apartment.
Upcoming infrastructure into Westmead including New University Western Sydney :http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/ne...rn-sydney-campus/story-fngr8huy-1227372558142
And potential Light rail (which might get a green light end of this month).
Also Hospital is currently under construction for an upgrade.

Congratz Mr. Win !

I've also been looking around in Westmead area but somehow it is far too expensive.

For Example a 3 bedders according to RPData is about $850k but somehow in the RE agent website and price guide, they are asking for $1.1m and above !!!

That's crazly over inflated price.

So yes, enjoy it for the next years to come and share the story here once it is appreciating.

Congratz Mr. Win !

I've also been looking around in Westmead area but somehow it is far too expensive.

For Example a 3 bedders according to RPData is about $850k but somehow in the RE agent website and price guide, they are asking for $1.1m and above !!!

That's crazly over inflated price.

So yes, enjoy it for the next years to come and share the story here once it is appreciating.

Hi john.. Thanks! I got 2 bed 2 bath 4-5 years old apartment for ~500k :p.
1 month after settlement the other bank I'm moving to has revalued with 20k more than what i initially payed :)

Hi john.. Thanks! I got 2 bed 2 bath 4-5 years old apartment for ~500k :p.
1 month after settlement the other bank I'm moving to has revalued with 20k more than what i initially payed :)

I hope you haven't bought one of those bridge street estate ones. Super crazy strata for the apartments there!

Hmmmm...me thinks you think I am a WASP far from it...I have no sense of entitlement...I am just stating the obvious based on market forces.

Eastwood and Epping have been primarily been driven by mainland Chinese money based on the perception of value. There was value before but has over shot and is due for correction.

My impression is that the Eastern suburbs are much better value. Places like Lane Cove, Killara, Roseville have also over shot.

What's with the Mainlanders bashing? Calm down. This is the thing. Not trying to generalize - but it looks like a typical North Shore Attitude looking at your location under your name. Just trying to make reason why other suburbs are inferior to the north shore. And why it's not worth that much.

Hmmmm...me thinks you think I am a WASP far from it...I have no sense of entitlement...I am just stating the obvious based on market forces.

Eastwood and Epping have been primarily been driven by mainland Chinese money based on the perception of value. There was value before but has over shot and is due for correction.

My impression is that the Eastern suburbs are much better value. Places like Lane Cove, Killara, Roseville have also over shot.

I don't know about you, but I like Lane Cove, and Roseville WAY better than eastern Suburb :p

I live in Lane Cove so I am biased...and like Lane Cove...not so sure about Roseville.

My comments in reference to the Eastern suburbs is that they have not gone up as much in percentage terms as they are quite pricey already....

I don't know about you, but I like Lane Cove, and Roseville WAY better than eastern Suburb :p

I live in Lane Cove so I am biased...and like Lane Cove...not so sure about Roseville.

My comments in reference to the Eastern suburbs is that they have not gone up as much in percentage terms as they are quite pricey already....
OMG you live there ?????? WOW so lucky... I wish i can afford a property over there. Been there so many times. LOVE the village, love the atmosphere... People VERY VERY nice and polite..
++ Roshental car park development will be very nice once completed

Something about it that makes it feel safe.... But I don't know if i can ever afford one there. I'm planning to rent in lane cove though in the near future :)

Nah don't move there....the suburb has decreased in value since I moved in there. :p

Once the market in Sydney corrects ...look to get in by buying a unit in Lane Cove North...they 2brms are selling for over 600k now....they will come down by 10% next cycle. Last cycle they hit 500k (from 350k) and came off 10%...such is the predicable nature of growth in Lane Cove. Just don't buy at the top....

OMG you live there ?????? WOW so lucky... I wish i can afford a property over there. Been there so many times. LOVE the village, love the atmosphere... People VERY VERY nice and polite..
++ Roshental car park development will be very nice once completed

Something about it that makes it feel safe.... But I don't know if i can ever afford one there. I'm planning to rent in lane cove though in the near future :)

Nah don't move there....the suburb has decreased in value since I moved in there. :p

Once the market in Sydney corrects ...look to get in by buying a unit in Lane Cove North...they 2brms are selling for over 600k now....they will come down by 10% next cycle. Last cycle they hit 500k (from 350k) and came off 10%...such is the predicable nature of growth in Lane Cove. Just don't buy at the top....

Will do... When it come down.. will buy near the Atarmon station... or Landers road or Little street or possibly near the birdwood Av.... Waiting for that day..... hahahah!

The newbies investing in Sydney will be like lambs to the slaughter....if you are thinking of selling do it within the next 3-6 months.

Sash you mentioned that investors will move into less expensive markets. Could Sydney units be a new target for an investor previously wanting a house? Can still grab a 2 bedder apartment in middle suburbs for 500-600k with decent yields. :cool:

Edit: what i meant to ask is do you think sydney units will peak later than sydney houses

Back