sydney market

noticed that no one here talks of sydney areas. how come? surely sydney must have some hotspots also?

so what do you guys think - whats going to be the next hotspot in sydney?

julie

julie,

i m sure people still invest in sydney!

i can only speak for myself and i m after +ve cash flow, which seems hard to come by in this city...............

Hi Julie,

Capital growth is still healthy in Sydney. An article in today's Financial Review gives around 22% annual growth in 12 months to December. In Sydney I would consider buying land in the west (Blacktown area), or would look for opportunities in expensive Eastern Suburbs and lower North Shore with stable cap growth. Good rewards will await those buying in Sans Souci and Brighton-le-Sands - these neachside suburbs are undervalued at the moment. There may also be a good opportunity to buy an inner-city apartment since there are a lot of them available and the prices look very reasonable. However they may go down a bit further so I would wait untill they'll start going up or supply will shrink and then buy. Don't ask about rental return - in today's Sydney market rental return is nothing but a bonus.

Cheers,

Lotana

I agree rental return in Sydney is a bonus,
I like harbord as a suburb for cap growth ,between manly,(now a crime ridden over developed mess),and dee why (the unit capital of the world)harbord is quiet,not over developed yet,and arguably has the best pub on the northern beaches.
sorry manly people
just my opinion

Aaah.... but you forgot the suburb wedged in between. Queenscliff would have be high on my list, as it is well positioned and isn't as expensive as Manly.
I like the Northern beaches and believe that anything with close proximity to water or views will hold it's own, even during a slump. It's just the hip pocket that hurts to hold it!

Back