Sydney peaking ? Anyone selling ?

I think we'll see further increase in property prices this Spring in Sydney. I can't see it continuing at such a level next year.

I bought in Sydney in 2007 and have achieved pretty good growth, am tempted to sell, bc prices may stagnate from next year. But then, i don't know how i'd invest the profits.

So hold or sell ? What are other investors doing ?

Work what you want to do .

Do you have anything better to do with the money ?

There's many different options

Personally we're holding our Sydney IP's but downsizing PPOR .

Cliff

I will be holding throughout this cycle and the ones to follow. This strategy has paid dividends in the past and I expect this over the long term. Of all the things that I am uncertain of in the investment world, the benefit of holding well quality, well located and appropriately funded property over the long term is not one them.

I own PPOR & 1 IP in Sydney.

All the best

We are over exposed to the Sydney property market and paying way too much land tax ..... isn't it great :D

Definitely like the idea of selling out near the peak and investing in other markets - but it costs a lot of money and time to buy and sell property. The properties are stable and earning their keep.

So, we will sit it out in Sydney and any further purchases will be elsewhere.

Refinance while Sydney is peaking, get that cash ready to go, wait for the years of price stagnation and buy 1 per year from 2017 onwards. Or you can put all that junk into big 4 banks, their dividend yield is higher than mortgage rates.

selling?

Nope, not selling, just enjoying the ride atm.... i can afford to wait another cycle when hubby retires....

Back