Sydney Syndrome

Blacktown has improved since I was young playing games in the time zone there

I wasn't suggesting just mount druitt, you just assumed :)

Take schofields for another eg

' I don't want to miss out on the next Blacktown or Mt Druitt'

Where has this been said? Please enlighten us.

This leads to the notion that you can just pick the worst suburb in any other state capital and in 5 years time you will double your money.
Does it? How do you know? I'm guessing you're some kind of expert dealing with property investors day in and day out. Please share your vast experience with us.

Why do Sydney investors think that because it happened there it will happen everywhere else?
Do they? OK. Maybe after buying so well in Sydney they don't want to blow it all by buying there again.
You must know something that you could share with us. What is it? Why won't the capital cities of Australia continue to grow?

Please enlighten me
Looking forward to your words of wisdom. standby...

' I don't want to miss out on the next Blacktown or Mt Druitt'

This leads to the notion that you can just pick the worst suburb in any other state capital and in 5 years time you will double your money

Why do Sydney investors think that because it happened there it will happen everywhere else?

Please enlighten me

Simple answer . Historically it has .

Not saying I'll buy in one of the worst suburbs , but I have in the past and done very nicely .

Cliff

Thank god for the ignore function. :p

Ellajay

Anything that's been said on this thread is mild and I wouldn't have thought classifies as trolling . The trolls also tend not to belong term members .

The really nasty stuff , and at times it gets nasty , is quickly reported to and deleted by th moderators .

Cliff

Where has this been said? Please enlighten us.

Does it? How do you know? I'm guessing you're some kind of expert dealing with property investors day in and day out. Please share your vast experience with us.

Do they? OK. Maybe after buying so well in Sydney they don't want to blow it all by buying there again.
You must know something that you could share with us. What is it? Why won't the capital cities of Australia continue to grow?

Looking forward to your words of wisdom. standby...

Been said many times on these forums

All I'm saying is that I don't we will see the crazy growth in an area such as Logan like we Mt Druitt or Blacktown(next ten years). There's lots of posts on these forums where people draw comparisons
Sydney is a very different city to the other capitals in that it has a huge population combined with natural boundaries

People had no other viable alternative hence growth in Mt Druitt

There are other alternatives in other capitals (for owner occupiers) that are only marginally more expensive

Why do you think it has taken frankston so long to do anything?
Because people could buy relatively cheaply in Chelsea etc

Now they can't so it's probably frankston turn

Anything that's been said on this thread is mild and I wouldn't have thought classifies as trolling . The trolls also tend not to belong term members .

The implication is that LJ is doing the trolling. Let's hope she uses the ignore button now that she's found it.

strongy1986: People had no other viable alternative hence growth in Mt Druitt
That's right - because of affordability. Not necessarily because of geography. It'll be the same in the other cities - as has already been stated, it's already happened plenty in the past.
Frankston looks like it's about to have a good run. Not the first time. But lots of places haven't moved much apart from some recovery after the GFC. Sydney and NSW east coast have moved but nowhere else has moved much - yet. Some of Melbourne has.
Sunshine is the kind of place that is going through some kind of process. It's geographically landlocked. I would like to have bought something there a year or two ago.
Good on you for thinking smart, doing DD and getting into the Druitt at the right time. I'm sure you intend to repeat this - I wonder where you'll go next?

All I'm saying is that I don't we will see the crazy growth in an area such as Logan like we Mt Druitt or Blacktown(next ten years)

Why not ?

It has in the past . In the last cycle , Logan outperformed Mt Druitt .

We went from 65 to 240 and that wasn't from the bottom to the top .

Cliff

The implication is that LJ is doing the trolling. Let's hope she uses the ignore button now that she's found it.

That's right - because of affordability. Not necessarily because of geography. It'll be the same in the other cities - as has already been stated, it's already happened plenty in the past.
Frankston looks like it's about to have a good run. Not the first time. But lots of places haven't moved much apart from some recovery after the GFC. Sydney and NSW east coast have moved but nowhere else has moved much - yet. Some of Melbourne has.
Sunshine is the kind of place that is going through some kind of process. It's geographically landlocked. I would like to have bought something there a year or two ago.
Good on you for thinking smart, doing DD and getting into the Druitt at the right time. I'm sure you intend to repeat this - I wonder where you'll go next?

My reasoning is that they can continue to build new estates with reasonable proximity to the CBD, new houses for 300k ,just like Melbournes north and west west - still cheap out there

Some suburbs will buck the trend - looks like sunshine will be one

I think in Sydney the geography combined with population made it no longer possible

Never owned in druitt or nsw
Was using the term 'we' referring to general population

Just seeing how expensive is in Sydney got me thinking why? I think it's just simple supply and demand - perfect storm there

Brisbanes will happen but population is a bit too small at the moment

Why not ?

It has in the past . In the last cycle , Logan outperformed Mt Druitt .

We went from 65 to 240 and that wasn't from the bottom to the top .

Cliff

So what is the main driver for logan and Mt Druitt that pushed the price higher?

Logan - lots of local and foreign investment

Mt Druitt - still in a process of gentrification - not much but mum and dad investor outbidding each other to push the price up

My reasoning is that they can continue to build new estates with reasonable proximity to the CBD, new houses for 300k ,just like Melbournes north and west west - still cheap out there

Some suburbs will buck the trend - looks like sunshine will be one

I think in Sydney the geography combined with population made it no longer possible

Never owned in druitt or nsw
Was using the term 'we' referring to general population

Just seeing how expensive is in Sydney got me thinking why? I think it's just simple supply and demand - perfect storm there

Brisbanes will happen but population is a bit too small at the moment

So you don't see Brisbane going up in price , much .

I've got several mill that says it will , well , the banks have ...;)

Cliff

Strongy ... out of curiosity, have you ever driven through the suburbs of 2770, in particular Tregear :p
[by the way, congrats to all the SS'ers who invested in that area and rode the boom! awesome stuff!]

I think if you have, you would have a better appreciation of why others might be interested in Logan or Frankston.

Of course each city is different. But there are fundamentals which are comparable eg: population growth, access to infrastructure and public transport, houses on good sized blocks, affordability factors etc

For people who may prefer metro areas over rural ones, those which are deemed 2770 equivalents/comparables in other states offer a good option.

IMHO what made 2770 boom was a combination of things:

1) 2770 had the best yields in Sydney. Because of its demographic however it was off the radar to most gentile investors.

2) the negative gearing train derailed badly 2009-10. Sprinklers and the media needed a new tune and turned to positive gearing.

3) most of Sydney had quietly moved past $500,000 and very few areas were left where people could buy a 3 bedder for $250,000. One was 2770 the other was Liverpool and surrounds.

Combine these and you get the feeding frenzy to get positive cashflow investment at 2770.

I don't think it will happen again for these reasons.

Back