T3 (Telstra Mk III) - Good, Bad, or Ugly?

Is T3 going to be:

• Good for the sharemarket & good for the property market

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • good for the sharemarket & have no effect on the property market

Votes: 7 14.9%
  • good for the sharemarket & have a negative effect on the property market

• Have no effect on the sharemarket & be good for the property market

• Have no effect on the sharemarket & have no effect on the property market

Votes: 28 59.6%
  • Have no effect on the sharemarket & have a negative effect on the property market

• Be bad for the sharemarket & have a positive effect on the property market

Votes: 4 8.5%
  • Be bad for the sharemarket & have no effect on the property market

Votes: 7 14.9%
  • Be bad for the sharemarket & have a negative effect on the property market

Votes: 1 2.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Oh missed that part. Thought 2$ seemed too good :)

And that is what the Gov is hoping for.:rolleyes:

Lots of goodies with smoke and mirrors over the bad stuff.

The Gov wants out so they can let Telstra do want they want and then they can say "well we no longer have control and thats the market".

Whilst painful this is the best thing in the long run.

You cannot be half pregnant.

It is either Gov. owned for the good of all or private and making a buck any way it can.

I actually feel sympathy for Sol. He was given the job to make Telstra as attractive as possible. He has looked at its operation and said" gov regulation hold us back" and then done his job. Dont shoot the messenger.

Also if he closes one telephone box in the bush or city they are bagged. In Inner City the only boses are outside public housing and regularly vandalised. There is no way they pay for themselves. It would be cheaper to give all those with no mobile , a free phone.

With VoIP and DSL 2 Telstra has $19a month from a cheap line and that is about it.

Even herein the bush they are not the best carrier and that is from a Telstra Authorised Dealer.

Thanks for reading, Peter 14.7

I personally would not invest a red cent in a dead horse, have many friends who use to be employed by telstra, and they have nothing positive to say about the orginisation. Its a dinosour on death row!!!! Crumbling infrastructure, poor workplace moral, and heaps of competition. It will be a sad story in Australian history before too long.

This is the way I feel about Telstra as well.

In my opinion, there ae a bunch of companies I'd invest in with far greater prospects before I'd look at T3. There's just to much uncertainty with Telstra for me to throw dollars at it. To high a risk for an uncertain return that I believe will be low.

No, I have no facts or numbers to back up my thoughts. :cool:

My 2 cents

Well, I don't have any shares, but if I was about to buy any T3, or any other Telstra product for that matter, definately would NOT be where I would be spending my money.

No effect whatsoever.

I find it interesting that the battles are still raging around Cousins and the ACCC.

Telstra and the Government are really approaching this badly.

Anyone noticed that Telstra is selling shares without telling people what they will actually cost?

($2 first installment, unknown second installment).

That said - anyone who wants Telstra shares may be better off selling the ones they already own to buy into T3.......

Cheers,

Aceyducey

T3 is here...
I'm curious to know what effect, if any, this will have on the equities and property markets.
T2 happened in 1999 - and the property market started surging ahead shortly thereafter - coincidence or cause and effect?
[/I]

No effect what so ever.

The fact that property took off in 1999 and shares slumped for 3 years would have been all to do with earnings yield and investment cycles/herd behaviour. Shares were trading at over 20 times earnings [very expensive], and property had great rental yields [Cheap] where someone could buy a house in some places and the rent paid the interest.

Shares were the 'In thing'. Property was not.

See ya's.

Looks like T3 ended up been quite sort after, and they have sold 15 billion, rather than the 8 billion they hoped to sell.

Selling so many leaves the Govt future fund with less stock overhang.

$1.60 will be the final instalement price.

Will be interesting to see what happens from here.

Cheers
mono

When I bought T1 and then Telstra Installment Warrants (1999? Have to go and check my dates), I thought this company was a monopoly and would go places.
Luckily, 12-18 months later I had to sell the shares and the warrants.
The price I sold it was $8.05! Made a huge profit.
Yet, my original strategy was to hold on long term.
Thank goodness, I had to sell.
I have never since seen the price of $8.05 return
All I saw was the price tumbling down and down.
And now I prefer Skype, especially since I received a letter from Telstra recently telling me that my STD calls capped at $2.00 for 3 hours, will soon last only for 20 minutes.
Hence, I stay away from this T3 offer.
Long term historical value has not been good at all.
Except in 2000.

Not advice

Yeh it's a dog of a company from the consumers pov. I'm yet to meet anyone younger than me who thinks otherwise, their retail ISP market appears to be dominated by the 'don't know any better' demographic, like both of my parents who are Big Pond customers.

Interestingly Roger Clime of Clime capital who is a fundamental analyst of some skill I think says of Telstra that it is close to fair value using his criteria at the moment. He valued it recently in the low to mid 3's if I remember correctly.

I don't have any clue where TLS will go from here. I advised my Mum to sell now as I indentified what I think is a much better place for her holdings, in fact I have been telling her that for years so I'm not sure why I thought she would listen this time.

All the focus has been on yes or no in regards to TLS. Do you buy or not? Which from my limited experience is far from the most important question. How much do I buy, What is my strategy and what is my exit plan are far more important questions.

Yeh it's a dog of a company from the consumers pov.
All the focus has been on yes or no in rega How much do I buy, What is my strategy and what is my exit plan are far more important questions.
IMHO.....
Well we will just have to wait and see,i myself thought that for $2.00
upfront and $1.60 payout in 2008 was well worth a small punt.
good luck willair...TLSCA........

The turnover today for TLS & TLSCA is huge.

TLS, 324 million shares and TLSCA, 354 million shares.

TLS, down 15 cents and TLSCA, up 16 cents.

It'll be interesting to see the close and how aligned they stay afterward.

We were amazed at how disorganized Telstra are in regional areas, if a 60,000 plus city is regional.
Needless to say after 6 months of chasing them for compensation, they paid up, and sent the cheque to our tennants address.
We finally got the money in our A/C on Monday.

I wouldn't invest a cent with them .

Have a look at this site full of happy punters

http://www.telstraexposed.com/home/default.asp

Bloss

be interesting to see the close and how aligned they stay afterward.
imho.
SOS,tlsca went up to a high of $2.28 it,s back to about the $2.27 mark
and once the high volumes balance out over the next few weeks then
like you say it will be interesting to watch which one breaks the $5.00 mark first,it,s only my simple opinion..........
good luck willair.....

Last edited:
I considered margin loaning into T3 but seeing as they were already leveraged I simply bought 2000 of them with the intention of selling them on listing at what I thought would be a 10% profit for locking up $4k for 2-3 weeks.

Pretty basic but worth the punt - the $380 goes towards the new hedge trimmer I need!

I wouldn't be suprised if they head towards $2.50 but eventually stay around $2.10. Opinion only I must be wrong.

Tim

What does everyone think about:rolleyes: TLS/TLSCA now as they may well go above the $5 mark very shortly maybe even today,just goes to show the Media is not always right, very high volume today as they sit at $4.96...good luck willair

Well they did finish at $4.90 still been a good share for me since 31/1/07 up 15.57% and I did trade the dips for a while as well.

Back