Tax Return - entering IP depreciation?

I'm doing my own tax return using eLodge as in past years. Previously in the IP expenses boxes there was one for Capital Allowances and I just entered the appropriate value from my BMT schedule. This year they seem to have got rid of this and instead it looks as if you have to enter every single item separately as in oven 12 years, dishwasher 10 years etc. Please someone tell me I'm having a senior moment and it's not so.

Paul

You know that info isnt transmitted. Its fluff for taxpayers. You can enter the one number in the right column and it works same. Might give a warning but that isnt a error. ATO schedules are rarely transmitted. Examples of ones that are = interest, dividends, rental schedule itself etc.

Paul
www.pricefinancial.com.au

I'm doing my own tax return using eLodge as in past years. Previously in the IP expenses boxes there was one for Capital Allowances and I just entered the appropriate value from my BMT schedule. This year they seem to have got rid of this and instead it looks as if you have to enter every single item separately as in oven 12 years, dishwasher 10 years etc. Please someone tell me I'm having a senior moment and it's not so.

I didn't have that issue. It allows you to enter a manual figure OR use the depreciation workbook. Maybe you clicked the workbook.

Back