Taxi Plate

I'll believe it when I see it....or more to the point when I hop in one drunk on a Saturday night, slurring my words and then fall asleep on the back seat. Lets see what the driverless car will do then. Its impracticable as a taxi.

The Google Driverless Taxi service will be able to use Bluetooth or NFC to get your address from your Android phone, whilst you are watching your Google Glasses. Happy days.

The Google Driverless Taxi service will be able to use Bluetooth or NFC to get your address from your Android phone, whilst you are watching your Google Glasses. Happy days.
Just don't pick up the wrong phone at the pub. Especially if that phone belongs to someone who lives interstate.:(

It's a stupid system, especially in Melbourne.

Passengers are paying the highest fares ever, drivers are being paid the lowest, and the all round experience for both is terrible.

Obviously there is some big fat middle layer where all the money is made, however I'd prefer not to invest in case someone actually fixes it.

It's a stupid system, especially in Melbourne.

Passengers are paying the highest fares ever, drivers are being paid the lowest, and the all round experience for both is terrible.

Obviously there is some big fat middle layer where all the money is made, however I'd prefer not to invest in case someone actually fixes it.

Nothing new here. It's the way its been for many years. The system works, that's what matters.

Can you imagine a taxi driver getting the minimum wage of $16 per hour plus shift penalties plus overtime plus etc etc.

Come on, have a reality check. Nobody would invest in a taxi. It (the problems) will never be fixed. It would simply cost too much money.

Imagine if the govt bought out all the taxis (that would cost billions). Then the govt decides to employ its own taxi drivers and paid them the minimum wage and conditions (that also would cost billions and you could imagine how bad the service would be).

The govt should have never allowed more than taxi plate per owner. And, the govt should not have allowed that taxi plate owner to have other drivers. Only owner drivers should be allowed. But then the govt would be like a communist state, telling people how to run a business.

I'll believe it when I see it....or more to the point when I hop in one drunk on a Saturday night, slurring my words and then fall asleep on the back seat. Lets see what the driverless car will do then. Its impracticable as a taxi.

These cars are already legally driving in 3 US states. Won't be long before you can spew in your own car and avoid a cleaning fee.

Back