Teleporter

So it's Friday and I thought I'd give this one a whirl...

What do you think would happen to property prices if (when?!?!?:confused:) teleporters were invented? I've bored my poor darling with this question before and I am still kind of stumped. Lets say you could now get from your front door to place of work with the click of a button, would large rural properties suddenly spike in price? I know I'd love to have a few acres in the middle of no where but still be able to earn my living at work in the city. Would sea side suburbs suddenly boom? I think Greece would probably rise from the ashes with people wanting their own little Mediterranean island. Maybe people wouldn't mind living where they do and commuting to work as the roads could potentially be free of grid lock? Maybe cbd centres would become neglected ruins...:eek:

So many questions.....Anyway back to my day job:D

Ah - yes - I too was watching Star Trek Next Generation last night.

Scientists currently have the ability to teleport (a few atoms), but the power required is phenomenal so unpractical at this stage. Don't think we'll see it in our lifetime - but who knows. Star Trek got so many other items right - such as the computer tablet.

Read "Hyperion" by Dan Simmons, where portals allow parts of your house to be on different planets. :D

Similar to my question to everyone regarding how far down into the ground a light sabre will go if you put it blade down into the ground.

The Y-man

I think I thought this up while watching a movie called "Jumper". Pretty rubbish movie but the concept was cool. This bloke would just teleport into bank vaults take the money and go live like a king...till the introduced the bad guy.

Ah - yes - I too was watching Star Trek Next Generation last night.

Scientists currently have the ability to teleport (a few atoms), but the power required is phenomenal so unpractical at this stage. Don't think we'll see it in our lifetime - but who knows. Star Trek got so many other items right - such as the computer tablet.

Pity that they couldn't use a teleporter to deliver Rodimus's package from Pure Bamboo:D

Back