Tempe, Sydney

I'm a little bit interested in this suburb because of its proximity to the city and low median price for houses ($397,000 median price for the September 2002 quarter a gain of 23.9%p.a). Also it doesn't seem to be as industrial a suburb as Sydenham. I have not looked at any houses yet.

I assume the whole suburb is heavily affected by the Mascot flight-path.

Can anyone shed some more light on the Tempe area. I see that units are going up everywhere south of here across the Cooks River between Wolli Creek and Arncliffe stations. This is not a part of Sydney I am very familiar with.

Ajax

Hi Ajax,

Tempe does cop alot of flight noise. Sometimes the planes go over so low it feels as though you could almost touch it.

Be careful if you're looking at units, there's heaps of them going up in the area, mainly North Arncliffe and Wolli Creek.

I do believe this area to be a growth area though, it's an older suburb and like you said, close proximity to the city, and everything else around it seems to have had good growth.

hope this helps some.

Hiya,

I live in the inner west and have some friends who live in Tempe. I reckon it's a little bit "rough". Rough people and a rough feel to it. In muy opinion it is quite industrial. It's only saving grace is that it is close to the city. However, I think it will be quite some time before gentrification sets in at Tempe.

Just my opinion though.

John

Hi Ajax,

I agree with John Doe. I work in Alexandria and do a lot of driving around Tempe, and it is mainly an industrial area and it will take quite a few years before cg kicks in.

John

Gday

Yeah the place is a dump. Its full of industrial areas and i think the quality of tennant would be very low. It would be an awful place to live.

Pele.

Thanks for the replies.

I see the asking prices for houses in Tempe on www.domain.com.au and www.realestate.com.au are mostly higher than $400,000. A lot of money for a house in a flight affected semi industrial area.

St. Peters has some decent looking houses (some with big land content). From previous inspections that suburb is also heavily affected by the flight path. A pity really.

Ajax

Back