Tennant Creek

I would like to get views from the people who own the property in Tennant Creek. I am currently looking to purchase a property there but noticed there is only one real estate agency. I have had issues with Property Management previously in remote towns where there is a network between agents and builders and even small issues are blown out and they have their own way of running things.

I would like to get views from the people who own the property in Tennant Creek. I am currently looking to purchase a property there but noticed there is only one real estate agency. I have had issues with Property Management previously in remote towns where there is a network between agents and builders and even small issues are blown out and they have their own way of running things.

What would you like to know?
I disagree with others it's a great little town and it ain't going anytime soon!!
Great returns too

Do you still own any properties there? Or live/lived there?

We spend part of the year just on the outskirts of there (Threeways)...and we have friends that live right in the middle of Tennant Creek.
They have just purchased their first rental property this year, and self manage.

I tried to talk them out of it.
Hopefully if they move away, they will sell the property, because you do not want to rely on the only PM who is close to retirement age.

we were conducting the walk through of two properties, our friend was interested in,
I get asked, the fixer who knows all about structure plumbing gas electricity
one the pm/rea turned up hours late, surprised we werent still waiting
one the pm/rea did not turn up at all, and we were told to just go in, lock the doors behind you
OK its a small town, and we do know the pm/rea, AND the tenants, but the dogs had to be restrained before the ladies could enter,
another fixer thing, good with critters; dogs horses alpaca bulls[sup]1[/sup],
the resident tenants property should be protected, from strangers, even when the tenant sees the strangers every day

with 2 new mines opening and 3 mines re-opening in the area,
1oz gold 700lb copper per rock ton, the copper was previously discarded, the gold was kept, the old mines are going for copper as pay ore, ~$2100 copper, plus ~$1600 'waste' gold from new ore, all the copper and refining mercury from tailings dumps to be recovered, cash influx
the town is a good site, for a resident landlord, difficult for an absentee landlord, the pm don't give a flying **expletive deleted**

1. peoples reaction to bulls is funny as hell

Last edited:
Back