Terminating Property Management Agreement

I would never "put up with bad management".

It is for this reason I do not enter into management contracts, especially with residential property.

If in a contract and one party is not performing and each willing to dissolve agreement - cut your losses instead of banging your head against the wall seems a good move.

However your comment above has my attention and curiosity, what's your angle - assuming you do have IP's that require management. I'm all ears. And how easily is this accepted by property mangers - if managed in the traditional way? Always willing to consider ideas from people who think outside the square.

Once again, your assumption is wrong.

Our portfolio consists of properties that require little or no management.

The asset selection and capital allocation of funds to title deeds is the biggest decision we make. Get that wrong and you are forced into all sorts of horrible scenarios you don't want or need to go through. Get it right, and management literally falls off the radar.

We have no property management contracts, and would never enter into one, as the management agents insist on using their contracts drafted by their respective REI solicitors, which I will not agree to....and they are bound by their membership to not deviate from, so they will not entertain a contract that is acceptable to me as the Owner....so you see, it is a hopeless case.

Back