Termite inspection

Hi All,

I've just secured 1 year old villa in Balga, Perth. Since it is still quite young is termite inspection still neccesary ? I've arranged for building structural inspection and asked the inspector if he thought termite check was neccesary. He says it's up to me and is good for a peace of mind but the considering the building is quite young and termite isn't common in Perth metropolitan (since not enough food is there for them) it could be a waste of money.

What do you think ? Would be good to save a few hundred dollars if the termite inspection is in fact not neccesary in this case at all.

(Also there are 3 villas on the block, with the middle one being the old orginal house renovated but still there.)

Thanks

Termite inspection when buying

Hi All,

I've just secured a 1 year old villa in Balga, Perth. Since it is still quite young is termite inspection still neccesary ? I've arranged for building structural inspection and asked the inspector if he thought termite check was neccesary. He says it's up to me and is good for a peace of mind but the considering the building is quite young and termite isn't common in Perth metropolitan (since not enough food is there for them) it could be a waste of money.

What do you think ? Would be good to save a few hundred dollars if the termite inspection is in fact not neccesary in this case at all.

(Also there are 3 villas on the block, with the middle one being the old orginal house renovated but still there.)

Thanks

Hi RedApple,
I'd get one done myself,just for piece of mind.
Shop around for build/pest quotes or maybe someone on SS can recommend?
Cheers Spades.

Ps.You could also say well it's a 1 year old build,why do i need a building structural inspection?

Last edited:
Inspected a 3 year old townhouse a few weeks ago, basically put my finger through a piece of external joinery that had what looked like termite workings at the base of it. If for no other reason, a termite inspection will identify risks and recommend any additional treatment controls. Its cheap for peace of mind I reckon.

Hi Spades and SRB,

Just got a quote of $165 for termite inspection. Hope this is a good price to pay for a peace of mind :)

Please let me know if you have any other recommendations for a good building and\or pest inspector in Perth metro area.

Many thanks.

Better to be safe that sorry. I had one done after noticing deterioration on the walls!! Hard to imagine and the termites are funny. They will eat enough but never enough to destroy it.

Best bet to get it inspected for termites and if possible other pests too. Another thing, don't always go on cost along ask for references etc see if they do a good job. After all your paying for peace of mind.

It's not a bad spend on money on a strata property at all, no guarantee the strata are getting the inspections done in a regular or thorough way.

Back