Thank you USA for bringing the great crash...

Last time we had a major property crash and recession, we had:

- 1987: stock market crash
- 1987 to 1989: property boom
- 1990/91 - Gulf War and high oil prices
- 1991 - Australian property crash

Today, we have:

- 2008: stock market crash
- 2009 to 2010: property boom
- 2011 : US/UK/France invades Libya and high oil prices (I paid $1.40/l the other day)
- 2011: ????

I didnt realise there was a boom over east recently, tho I heard melbourne had a little bit of action. Perth had a crash over that period

Today, we have:

- 2011 : US/UK/France invades Libya and high oil prices (I paid $1.40/l the other day)

I recently read a quote in a book (I think it was from Warren Buffet). It said.

Forecasts about the future tell you a lot about the forecaster, they tell you nothing about the future.

Cheers,
Oracle.

There was no property crash in 1991, the late 80s boom ended and property pretty much was flat or slightly falling for most of the 90s. No crash.

There was no property crash in 1991, the late 80s boom ended and property pretty much was flat or slightly falling for most of the 90s. No crash.

Hi Evand

Agree with you there and it was still a good time to make money in property.:)

Cheers

Pete

Today, we have:

So Delta, since you are trying to correlate past events to what might happen in future. Do you agree if there is any merit to the point you are trying to make we should also consider the same level of property price growth that we experienced since 1991 - 2007 in the future year as well?

If you think growth in property will not be as significant in future as it was in the past then your correlation about Australian property crash is meaningless.

Cheers,
Oracle.

So Delta, since you are trying to correlate past events to what might happen in future. Do you agree if there is any merit to the point you are trying to make we should also consider the same level of property price growth that we experienced since 1991 - 2007 in the future year as well?

If you think growth in property will not be as significant in future as it was in the past then your correlation about Australian property crash is meaningless.

Cheers,
Oracle.

Nah probably not. I'm not really sure which way it'd go - so while people pay some lots of money sometimes to make forecasts, those people probably don't really believe in them anyway. Too many unknown factors, politics being a good start. Libya might attack and kaboom.

That said, if there were a crash, then there probably would be a period of strong, sustained growth since we're coming off a low base. Could probably say the same about USA? Then again Japan was a different story.

Generally money flows between the share market and property. So you will find property will be active in times when the share market is in turmoil.

In recession times all investment activities suffer as people wait out the uncertain times.

What 1991 property crash? I bought a positive cash flow IP that year and sold it for 75% more than the purchase price barely 2 years later. If that's a crash lets have more of them.

Obviously, prices go down if you overpay in the first place. Something investors need to be very wary not to do.

Denial is not good. There is going to be a big crash. It is pretty unavoidable.

Predict once thing rebound, they'll be about 75% of what they are now.

Sorry, it is going to happen.

Exactly the same situation as the stock market.

All its gonna take is a small shock..

Denial is not good. There is going to be a big crash. It is pretty unavoidable.

Predict once thing rebound, they'll be about 75% of what they are now.

Sorry, it is going to happen.

Exactly the same situation as the stock market.

All its gonna take is a small shock..

Are you a high school student trying to get our attention? The last week or so has been a huge shock, with the worlds third largest recorded earthquake happening in one of the world's largest economies......

The markets, even the Japanese market, have rebounded nicely after falling sharply, according to the ABC's Allan Kohler - a respected financial commentator, formerly from the AFR.

Sorry, no crashes anytime soon........even if you wish it.

Are you a high school student trying to get our attention? The last week or so has been a huge shock, with the worlds third largest recorded earthquake happening in one of the world's largest economies......

The markets, even the Japanese market, have rebounded nicely after falling sharply, according to the ABC's Allan Kohler - a respected financial commentator, formerly from the AFR.

Sorry, no crashes anytime soon........even if you wish it.

the current situation is still very unstable and it's too early to make a call on Japan.. just got an email from apple saying my pre-order of ipad2 might be delayed due to certain manufactured parts from japan not coming in time.

Back