Thankyou Craig Thomson

Agree Tony Abbot is not the right man for the job and that OFarrell appears to be a fantastic asset to the people of NSW.

Tony Abbot has convinced me he is just not competant to be a prime minister not disimilar to the likes of Swan.

At least Julia Gillard has a handfull of braincells to rub together. That said I will vote liberal but it has nothing to do with Abbot, as you say it is the choice we are left with... If Labor put up someone like Lindsay Tanner against Tony Abbot I would find myself voting Labor I suspect.

If our leaders can't spell competent, you'd be concerend.

Just kidding.

We have a great opportunity through no skill of our own (thx to dirt in ground) and we're not capitalising on it because we have political tyre kickers in charge who do nothing but play up little social issues stay in power.

Trying to start an innovative manufacturing business, I am finding the lack of foresight, innovation and creativity has filtered all the way down.

It is so much easier to take the simple path and "do" by rote with no risk, but also no advancement ... very frustrating.

Case against embattled MP appears 'dead'

And for those who want to read the Murdoch press report for the same matter, it is here.
The article makes it sound more like NSW Police are giving up, because they would have to get Victoria Police involved due to alleged misuse happening down there, and basically don't have any faith in the "evidence" they currently have, referring to what they've written in that article as a "smoking receipt".

Really sad for the liberals that. The general sentiment on the Central Coast (Rightly or wrongly) seems to be that the people of Dobell want Craig Thomson gone and no longer have any faith in him. Obviously in our legal system it's innocent until proven guilty and it's a fair outcome to this case if evidence is lacking, but if it had have gone the other way it seems so likely any byelection in Dobell would have gone to the libs, and therefore forced the minority government out. I guess the people of Dobell will have to wait for a proper election to get rid of him.

Asylum seekers? Boring... don't understand how these small-time social issues make national headlines.
I know this has been debated to death and calls of racism made etc. But maybe if you lived in the inner parts of Blacktown or had to catch a train there often, or lived in certain country areas which now have significant populations of people who have immigrated via asylum it might affect you more. A friend of mine in Blacktown is being stalked regularly at Blacktown station after alighting there just after 6pm each night. I'm sure she is interested in what the policies are for asylum seekers.

A recent railway crime list done by NSW Police showed Blacktown station is far and away the most dangerous train station in NSW per capita/overall for pretty much everything. I've been there myself only once before at night and it would be a particularly frightening place to be at night if you were a woman by yourself. The new crime maps the police released a month or so ago showed the general Blacktown area itself to also have the most crime per capita in Sydney and it's surrounds. Whether or not any population which has been placed there seeking asylum has non proportionally contributed to these atrocious crime statistics out there needs to be looked into further.

By the way I personally don't live in a place that is really affected by this particular issue so I have no strong feelings against these people on a personal level. I work in Parramatta often and have met some great people who have moved here via asylum and really just want to be cut a break and are happy at what the Country has given them. At the end of the day these are people after all and you have to have some morals about the way the issue is dealt with. However, I can see when pretty much one of the biggest suburbs in NSW if not Australia (Blacktown) and other equally important areas in Victoria and Western Australia have significant populations that live alongside these guys, that it is an important issue for a lot of people. Maybe it doesn't deserve to be spoken about everyday, but there is a definite need for an open discussion on the issue.

Last edited:
Despite the police dropping the case - the damage to Labor has been done. YAY!

As for asylum seekers ... one of my hubby's daughters was stalked at her home by a immigrant from Somalia. He was well known to police for stalking but each time he got off claiming in court that the police were racist and harrassing him.

The daughter was terrified ... he would follow her around the house, her on the inside, him on the outside, and make noises at each window to make her aware that he was there. He would also "relieve" himself outside her bedroom window. It was an awful experience to go thru for the brief few weeks it took the cops to catch him in the act.

He got off again with a warning ... only to be caught stalking another woman a month later and again claiming rascism and innocence.

Okay - I know Australian born creeps can do this too, but it would be nice to see this guy (who is on the dole and living in housing commission) sent back to whence he came.

Despite the police dropping the case - the damage to Labor has been done. YAY!

As for asylum seekers ... one of my hubby's daughters was stalked at her home by a immigrant from Somalia. He was well known to police for stalking but each time he got off claiming in court that the police were racist and harrassing him.

The daughter was terrified ... he would follow her around the house, her on the inside, him on the outside, and make noises at each window to make her aware that he was there. He would also "relieve" himself outside her bedroom window. It was an awful experience to go thru for the brief few weeks it took the cops to catch him in the act.

He got off again with a warning ... only to be caught stalking another woman a month later and again claiming rascism and innocence.

Okay - I know Australian born creeps can do this too, but it would be nice to see this guy (who is on the dole and living in housing commission) sent back to whence he came.

I don't normally support vigilantism, but getting a few large males to sort him out would probably have brought a better result.

Personally I would have been waiting outside in the dark with a baseball bat ... but she wasn't living with us at the time so we had no say.

However, have also met some lovely immigrants. It would be nice if they came with a disclosure statement that said "if they break the law they are immediately sent back".

Now - back on topic ...

Last edited:
I don't think a truer word has been said. I myself voted for ruddy, as in my opinion Work Choices and people I knew personally being affected by that particular legislation ruined the liberals at the time for me (Even though I thought overall John Howard was a sound prime minister but that is just opinion).

....and that's what voting is about - vote for the policies that affect you the most, not what tax cuts you'll get or cheques in the mail are worth.

everyone here alludes to what they vote and you've just chucked it out there.

kudos.

It's up to the Victorian Police now.

As far as the electorate of Dobell is concerned:

Julia Gillard and Craig Thomson declined their promise to open the biggest ever engineering project on the Central Coast last week.

Craig Thomson rallied hard for the funding of this project and we all know why he did not front.

The electorate of Dobell has no representative. There is no doubt about that.

Regards JO

What the NSW decision reinforces is the extent of union arrogance, slyness, and entitlement to the more equal.

The battle might have been lost, but if Abbott plays it right, the war has moved further in favor of truth and justice for the poor underdogs unions reckon they want to help.

I am still waiting to hear how low paid HSU members are helped by union officials doing business with hookers.

The authors of the conditions of use of union credit cards might blur such things, but I'd bet my bottom dollar any Australian with an ounce of common sense doesn't.

And I'll be interested to hear why the police think there's no case if Thomson signed off on the expenses as legitimate union expenses.

And I'll be interested to hear why the police think there's no case if Thomson signed off on the expenses as legitimate union expenses.

as reported last week ... apparently vital documents are "missing".

Strange that. Bet the shredder was working overtime.

It's up to the Victorian Police now.

As far as the electorate of Dobell is concerned:

Julia Gillard and Craig Thomson declined their promise to open the biggest ever engineering project on the Central Coast last week.

Craig Thomson rallied hard for the funding of this project and we all know why he did not front.

The electorate of Dobell has no representative. There is no doubt about that.

Regards JO

They wouldn't accept AMEX?:D

I think Professor Williams is being mischievously and conveniently (for the left) disingenuous.

It is true that a person does not commit fraud merely by placing unauthorised private expenses on a work credit card.

However the follow on process that most corporations use i.e. submitting your receipts and signing an expense form claiming that they are legitimate work related expenses is where fraud comes into play.

Bias maybe, but correct he was. So even if you think someone has a bias, it is instructive to listen to subject matter experts, no?

Bias maybe, but correct he was. So even if you think someone has a bias, it is instructive to listen to subject matter experts, no?

I listened to not only one subject matter expert, but several.
Lizzie is probably correct that Thomson is mute on whether he signed off or not, and the relevant docs have disappeared.

The point is, the whole affair stinks to high heaven, and most can see right through it. That Gillard, Thomson, etc choose to play the public like this, reveals what low black sewer rats with one gold tooth each they all are.

And just to reveal this isn't coming from a sense of political bias, I'd be just as disgusted with Abbott if he played the electorate the same way. And as for Mary Jo Fisher, my view is she should suspended as unfit for the office she holds.

What blows me away is if I occupied Thomson's position, my conscience would scream at me for spending union money on hookers, as it would most people who aspire to such positions.

Back