the block 14/10

looooooved jake and erin's ensuite - i'm pinching many of their ideas for my slightly larger (like 3x the size) ensuite!

the boys won because of thinking differently and pushing out the shower to make a bigger washing space - although i thought their room looked cluttered - and one of the girls was right, where would you put your hairdryer?

i was surprised about the issue of not having a door on the ensuite - i could understand if the toilet was in view, but it wasn't so i couldn't see the drama ... maybe i'm just not modest ... :eek:

Last edited:
I could definately understand the no door thing!

No matter how well I know the other people in the house, I need some privacy!

What were they thinking?!? I would never live in nor purchase an IP with no loo door!

I personally dont mind the no door thing, but i know from my previous life as a REA that it does make it harder to rent or sell.... "people" as a collective prefer a door.

I am glad the boys won. I do agree that erins et al rooom was beutiful but the boys desrved a win.. i was so dissapointed that they missed the mark on the presentation in the first room, because i thought their idea with the built in study was on the money.

Does anyone else think this show will ruin Chez's career as an agent. She is so annoying and silly, i would never hire her!

I'm glad the boys won this round as well. The extra shower space was a winner this week :D though I can imagine how tough it must have been to get a bathroom done in a week- my last one took over 2 weeks and I thought that was impressive!

YAY! The guys one. If I was a buyer (with lots of cash) and had to buy 1 of 4 of the units based on the first three rooms, I would easily pick the guys unit. So far their theme is constant which can not be said about the larger guy and gal, and chez and co. I think the fit couple are still on theme, but I'm not a huge dark paint/tile fan.

Which unit would you guys buy?

Most of the new display homes at the Ponds, Stonecutters Ridge and Homeworld do not have any door on the ensuite. The judges seems to be ignorant about this new trend.

I do not have a door on my ensuite, I rather thought it was a trendy thing to have no door, the idea has been around for years. I do not like toilets in ensuites without a door though.

Loved the boys ensuite. I did not like the feature wall of dark tiles, thought it looked way out of place. The all white bathroom looked cheap and tachy I thought.

Yes I would buy John and Neisha's appartment but more so they boys. They have done thiers fairly neutral and you could easily add your own touch to it. Hope they stop putting up so much shelving in thier other rooms though.

YAY! The guys one. If I was a buyer (with lots of cash) and had to buy 1 of 4 of the units based on the first three rooms, I would easily pick the guys unit. So far their theme is constant which can not be said about the larger guy and gal, and chez and co. I think the fit couple are still on theme, but I'm not a huge dark paint/tile fan.

Which unit would you guys buy?

I'm with Roachy.

Not only do they seen like all round decent blokes (I know it's all how the producers choose to portray them), but that ceiling they put in the 1st room rocked!

Loved the shelving. Laughed my socks off at their pillow 'arrangement' on the bed...very 'guyish' :D.

But hey, they've learned about styling & are definately making an effort now on that element too. Loved what they did in the bathroom & also their choice of basin...quite 'out there' for old guys!

Very funny when they had to climb through the wall last episode too!

I'd buy theirs.

But hey, they've learned about styling & are definately making an effort now on that element too.

i thought the guys deserved to win, purely because of this. from completely style nobs in the first show - to interior stylists by week 3 - they rock.

Yeah, the blokes are a crack up....! Makes it good to watch...

I liked the tiles, were a sort of shiny sandstone, very schmick!!

interesting - but i think we'd all agree that the prices paid in the original series were just stupid due to the hype and 15mins of fame emotion.

the next lot sold for more realistic prices. be interesting to see what the current lot sells for - i've got my vote in on the sale price, have you?

Be interesting if anyone still has the articles from around the time of the Manly block when several local agents were interviewed - my former boss being one of them. He was a little annoyed when the article first came out as he was misquoted. The article said he thought they were only worth in the mid 800's, however his actual comment was something along the lines of "other agents are hyping it up saying they are worth close to a mil, but in reality they are probably only worth in the mid to high 800's" However it turned out to be okay when (from memory) all of them sold in the 800's and he ended up looking like the only agent interviewed who had any idea :)

Does anyone else think this show will ruin Chez's career as an agent. She is so annoying and silly, i would never hire her!

No offence, but surely she's a property manager rather than a sales agent?? Agree that she is totally unlikeable.

The toilet door thing, no-one is making toilets without doors. Ensuites that don't have doors do not have toilets in them. I don't know anyone whose shint dont stink from time to time :)

Any thoughts on the main bathroom? What's with sending the twin to apologise to everyone?

I thought Chez and what's his name's bedroom win was a little meh.. I thought it was done so that everyone had a win.

can't say i thought any of the bathrooms were "wow love it" - although i do think the winning bathroom (erin and jake) was the best layout, but the feature wall was just to much in the larger space (looked good in the small ensuite). i thought the two blokes' one was awful with those 1980's brown tiles and neisha's was plain boring.

i think chez is trying to hard and ergo falling below the mark - also, one would have thought that, being a real estate agent, she would know that a two bedroom property "had" to have a bath in it somewhere - even i argued with hubby about that. i won and was proven correct with buyers.

i am getting tired of the cattiness tho. i wouldn't have thought "dropping stuff off" would be a problem - especially since the chief "cat" was having her builder stay overnight in their apartment. i would have been much better if the rules were that they had to "not work" for x hours between 8am and 6pm, or something such, as some of the outside jobs are more unfair than others - and bugger getting up at 4am for kayak training! the cattiness spoiled the whole win last week.

i too don't get the twins things as no one knows they're being tricked, and if they find out they'll be really peeved - would be funnier if both of them popped out at the same time.

will be interesting to see who gets disqualfied next week ...

see ya then.

Any thoughts on the main bathroom? What's with sending the twin to apologise to everyone?
I thought Chez and what's his name's bedroom win was a little meh.. I thought it was done so that everyone had a win.

Can't work out why they think its funny...what am I missing :rolleyes:

^^ I know.. tell me about it. Are they adults or kids? How is that funny unless you are like 11?

Lizzie - I agree with the bath being important especially when the apartment is advertised as 2bathrooms. But what do you think of the open shower?

I am thinking I really do not like Jake and Erin. The twin thing, think they are rather pathetic and if I was the others, when I found out I would be more peeved off that they had sent the twin to do thier apologys. Thier bathroom with that feature wall, yuk, think it was to bold and dramatic for a small area. Once again although I would have put the same floor tile on the side of the bath I think the boys bathroom was best. The boys rock, but bet they are not the ultimate winners unfortunately.

Back