The Chaser takes on 'The Secret'

I've been waiting for someone to take the piss out of 'the secret' very well done i must say. Good find DavidMc i enjoyed the laugh :D

Love it David....highlights that the universe can't give you something for nothing.....somebody's got to pay....

imagine if the whole world applied the secret all at once....everyone would be sitting around wishing stuff to come to them gratis.....and no one would actually be working to make the stuff people wished for........

'the secret' is missing part of the secret in my view...

imagine if the whole world applied the secret all at once....

Come on Winston: Get with the programme! If everyone applied The Secret at the same time, then everything would instantly be perfect. No global warming, no peak oil, no crappy bosses and no shitty kids.

ALL YOU NEED IS BELIEF! Savvy?

Come on Winston: Get with the programme! If everyone applied The Secret at the same time, then everything would instantly be perfect. No global warming, no peak oil, no crappy bosses and no shitty kids.

ALL YOU NEED IS BELIEF! Savvy?

Ha! Nice one Thommo.

Mark

My thoughts

The secret says: Our thoughts attract and what we think about the most is what we become?

If that’s the case Bryce my 18 year old son is going to turn into a female :D

There is no doubt that your thoughtsa re important but the Secret implies one "secret" – it panders to people’s lust for a magic pill. No success I have come across results from a single anything.

Had to be said, Once again Yay The Chaser!

The Secret always reminds me of ads in the old "Pix" and "Post" magazines back in the mystic 70's where you'd be persuaded to buy the "Sacred Cross of Gallafrey" or something equally silly, in order to win lotto, find love and just generally get lots of things your own way, with no more effort than writing a cheque and wearing a piece of bad taste junk jewellery.

Good for a laugh I guess and doesn't seem to be hurting anyone apart from parting some from their money for a few CDs and books. Is it true it's hyped to the point where someone is actually selling franchises for facillitators of this bunk?

Absolutely hilarious. I haven't read anything about the secret, but it sounds a lot like what Peter Spann wrote about in his first book. Not a new idea by any means.

Nat,

Yes indeed. Similar principles have been touched on by the likes of Brian Tracy, Jim Rohn, Robert Kiyosaki and Anthony Robbins among many others. As someone else pointed out in another thread - Napoleon Hill even touched on similar ideas in Think And Grow Rich.

For me, the difference is that in the books mentioned above, the authors encourage people to use the principles in conjunction with working towards their goals - to use them to keep focus on what they are trying to achieve, the rewards that will come if they keep working towards their goals.

It's definitely not about standing in front of shop windows focussing on jewelry or magically manipulating traffic lights. From what I saw on The Chaser, 'The Secret' appeals to the lowest common denominator, people who want the easy fix, something for nothing.

I wonder how much of a cut Oprah gets for all that advertising she did.

Mark

ROTFLMAO ....

Has to be one of the better thinks they've done , up there with the West Coke Eagles . Their budget must have increased this year to stage the car accident ....though they were old cars.

If they want a car space they should come with me ( seriously, ask vicki :D ) I almost always get one where I want it , just a pity a bout that bugger in Victoria ( the state ) who stole my Powerball numbers last week . Greedy *******.

Cliff

Gawd. just saw a preview of the chaser taking on Sophia Loren.....10 questions again..... 2 of the 3 I heard were rubbish.....no entertainment value, no wit at all....

I wonder how many more episodes these guys are going to get.

I liked the stuffed cat and the twisty bag.LOL
The problem with the secular version of that movie from my perspective is the omition of inspired action and the use of our emotional guidance system as the tool that links the asking to the receiveing. It is really a journey not a christmas tree and the LOA is a platform not a magic wand.
It leaves itself wide open to ridicule.
Simon

I'm not sure who said this, but it is far more accurate; "What ever you can conceive and believe, you can achieve."

The statement has three components; idea, belief, and most importantly, effort. Without effort aka work, sweat equity etc. it is all 'wishful thinking'.

MC

I'm not sure who said this, but it is far more accurate; "What ever you can conceive and believe, you can achieve."

The statement has three components; idea, belief, and most importantly, effort. Without effort aka work, sweat equity etc. it is all 'wishful thinking'.

MC

“Whatever the mind of man can conceive and believe, it can achieve.”
W.Clement Stone
Cheers
Simon

Back