The foot test??????

Hi all,

Just received the below on an email and it is so true.

Just try this test from an orthopedic surgeon. This will boggle your mind and you will keep trying over and over again to see if you can outsmart your right foot, but you can't. It's pre-programmed in your brain!

1. While sitting where you are , at your desk, in front of your computer, lift your right foot off the floor and make clockwise circles.

2. Now, while doing this, draw the number "6" in the air with your right hand. Your foot will change direction!

I told you so--and there's nothing you can do about it. You and I both know how stupid it is, but before the day is done, you are going to try it again, if you've not already done so.

OK..tried it...I am a failure - the brain won out... It is weird to try to compel your foot to do something and then see with your eyes that it is doing the opposite...

Nadia

I also can do this without my foot changing direction. I saw this on the Today show last week and also did it, but two of my boys watching couldn't do it. Once I did it once, it was easier each time to keep doing.

Maybe it is a girl brain thing....

Maybe it is a girl brain thing....

Not a girl thing. I couldn't do it, which I found strange because I can to the circle on tummy with one hand while patting the head with the other. I can also rotate my arms in opposite directions starting from above the head.:eek:

Feels so weird not being able to do it.

i could do it - easy ... but i can also pat my head and rub my tummy (or vice versa) at the same time. i find i do it by switching my mind completely off one of the activites (going on autopilot) while concerntrating only on the other.

it's something to do with the neural connections between the two halves of the brain. not sure if that means i've got lots of connector - or not :eek:.

I can, but it took me several tries to be half convincing. My son did it first time, easily and perfectly, without any lag or thinking. But he's weird.:) Smart%^$ little bu$$er. He does all this stuff. He could see the dancing girl turning both ways, and could also turn her left or right as he wanted to. What have we created? :eek:

Last edited:
Those that can't do the OP instructions, instead of starting the 6 at the top, start it in the middle and curl out ;), that way you are turning the same direction as your foot and should make it easier.

Those that can't do the OP instructions, instead of starting the 6 at the top, start it in the middle and curl out ;), that way you are turning the same direction as your foot and should make it easier.

Isn't that cheating. Good thinking though.:D

Back