The great silver crash-sell sell sell

you listen to alex jones? I use to listen to him and max keiser... sorta tuned out after awhile

alex jones is okay, i guess. he's on the right path but too loud.

i don't know why everyone doubts the regional currency for the North American continent. the Europeans did it across cultural divides against all odds, KRudd not 2 weeks after being elected called for an SE Asia regional currency by 2020....it's all happening and everyone has their head in the sand about it.

i'm not scaremongering - although some think that "change" is "scary" so they put 1+1 together and get 3 - just make sure you position yourself correctly and don't be tied to anything in USD.

alex jones is okay, i guess. he's on the right path but too loud.

i don't know why everyone doubts the regional currency for the North American continent. the Europeans did it across cultural divides against all odds, KRudd not 2 weeks after being elected called for an SE Asia regional currency by 2020....it's all happening and everyone has their head in the sand about it.

i'm not scaremongering - although some think that "change" is "scary" so they put 1+1 together and get 3 - just make sure you position yourself correctly and don't be tied to anything in USD.

If you don't like alex jones have a listen to Gerald Celente. The man is preescient (and seems like a good guy to boot).

I personally doubt the wisdom of a North American currency because the last currency experiment (the Euro) is a complete failure

If you don't like alex jones have a listen to Gerald Celente. The man is preescient (and seems like a good guy to boot).

I personally doubt the wisdom of a North American currency because the last currency experiment (the Euro) is a complete failure

no it's not a failure at all - in fact it's done exceptionally well considering the PIIGS debacle.

the NAU (NAFTA...whatever) is already underway. we're only uniting 3 currencies here - all so closely linked it's kinda silly not to.

the EU united a whole different number of currencies, some older than records themselves. plus, anyone trying to get anything out of greece or spain that doesn't involve oranges, olives or sleep is just asking for it, anyway....

no it's not a failure at all - in fact it's done exceptionally well considering the PIIGS debacle.

the NAU (NAFTA...whatever) is already underway. we're only uniting 3 currencies here - all so closely linked it's kinda silly not to.

the EU united a whole different number of currencies, some older than records themselves. plus, anyone trying to get anything out of greece or spain that doesn't involve oranges, olives or sleep is just asking for it, anyway....
Exceptionally well? How can you say that? That's like saying "it was a great success! except for the bits where it was a dismal failure"

the EU is completely disfunctional, and the reasons that a joint currency wont work in the Americas is precisely the same as why it didn't work in the EU - difference cultures with different living standards with different productive capacities.

A fiat "Amero" would be no better than the euro and that's like the Curate's egg: OK in parts.

I doubt that another fiat currency could become the world standard but what price gold if it were to be a gold backed one?

A fiat "Amero" would be no better than the euro and that's like the Curate's egg: OK in parts.

I doubt that another fiat currency could become the world standard but what price gold if it were to be a gold backed one?

Easy. Confiscate all the gold just like they did last time and then set its price at whatever you want. Because we need a "stable financial system" of course. Just put the same clowns that messed it up last time in charge so that they can be rich, and everyone else starts over.

this silver shake out is a big one. must be a few punters out there in a whole world of pain! goes to show... there are significant sentimental ups and downs amongst even the most obvious of long term trends. We can all take somehting from that.

this silver shake out is a big one. must be a few punters out there in a whole world of pain! goes to show... there are significant sentimental ups and downs amongst even the most obvious of long term trends. We can all take somehting from that.
Gold is volatile but silver much more so. I feel no pain because I have no short term exposure.

I have never trusted my ability to read short term movements so don't go there.

My understanding is that the amero will be gold backed. If that does eventuate, then look out $8-10k gold.

Thanks IV.

I would recommend this post (of mine) on the other SS:
http://forums.silverstackers.com/topic-5110-supply-vs-demand-page-1.html

I think it shows although I am bullish on the metals I still understand there are associated risks.

There are certainly some rabidly bullish users on the site, you could argue with good reason, but many have come onboard over the last 6 months... I have a feeling when this bull market ends it's going to burn a lot of people :( I guess like the end of any bull market.

Interesting Jo, I've just registered for the seminar on your link. love to hear more about it.

Was there a seminar by Andrew Baxter at the bottom of your signature? Or did I get that confused with something else???

My understanding is that the amero will be gold backed. If that does eventuate, then look out $8-10k gold.

hopefully it won't really be called the Amero... it's a really dumb name.

just trying to get my head around this. you are talking about the AUD price of gold or the final redemption rate of USD for Amero/gold? I would have thought the AUD price of gold would be the same except the cross rate for the final value of the USD may be say 8:1, or 80:1 or whatever. Effectively the Amero/USD/gold becomes one thing. Obviously there will be more demand for gold to back the currency, but the extent of that is the purchasing power that is given to the amero

good work Bigtone. kudos.

i'm buying up huge now with super money, the correction came much quicker than i thought it would.

now silver will be off. and right in the middle of the rush, i'll be watching gold.

Nice call, you just lost 23% in a week. Professional trader I see.. :rolleyes:

I don't think he's a trader - he's an investor.

Difference is he's buying an asset not to flip tomorrow but to ride the growth trend (which it's still in despite the correction).

Check in in a few months and see where his INVESTMENT is at.

I bought my first Silver kilo in March 2008 within days of the top. It's a volatile metal and not for the weak of heart. I continued buying the dip into late 2008. My cheapest kilos were at around $450 (including premium), today spot is still over $1000 even after this recent collapse. I think anyone buying in today and looking back in a couple of years will be pleasantly surprised.

inappropriate?

why is me defending my positon inappropriate?

why not just remove the bit(s) that's inappropriate rather than the whole post?

Vbulletin allows that so why remove the whole post?

maybe i should have just been sarcastic - that seems to get anything through.

:mad:

Back