The Off Topic Thread

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Pointless posts are ok, it's the unneccessary ones that get deleted :eek:

Child was getting ready fast last night/this morning.

She needed her bathers, and fruit. Her bathers are two-piece because she only grows in one direction and they make economic sense. So we have this long, painful process that should have been either very quick or didn't need to happen at all:

1. Find bathers. (screwed up in small damp pile at the back of her room). Get told to rinse them by your mother because they are brown, and why didn't you put them in the wash on the weekend if they were that brown? Go rinse!
2. Spend 10 seconds rinsing the mud out of the bottom half in a very half-hearted fashion
3. Go to put wet, really muddy bottoms into bag with towel etc. Get told off by your mother for going to get everything else muddy and you call that clean? They're still dark brown!
4. Go to put bottoms in the washing machine. Get told off because a 1:45 cycle is a bit excessive for one very small garment and you don't know how to work the washing machine anyway
5. Wash them for 2 minutes in the sink instead. Lo, they are not dark brown anymore. Hold soggy wet dripping bathers up in middle of kitchen floor for long enough to make a large puddle while noone is looking at you to prove it.
6. Hang GREEN bathers outside. Clean up puddle.

Next day she forgot what she cleaned:

"I'm going outside to get my pajama bottoms!" "You mean your bathers bottoms?" "oh yeah ..."

"when I went outside before to get my bathers top ..." "You mean your bathers bottoms?" "oh yeah ..."

"I need fruit for today!" "Well you've been asking about the figs for the last 3 months, there's a pile of ripe figs on the shelf *points* take those" "ok, I'll go outside and pick some plums then" "FIGS! You wanted FIGS! Take the FIGS!" "Can I take some figs then?"

Argh!

At least she's finally asking to get her warts zapped again. She has 7 (on one toe) and they're obviously embarrassing her - unsurprising given how huge they are. For a while there she refused to even entertain the notion of going back to the doc. The last doc cut them right back with a scalpel before he froze them and all they did was promptly grow about 1cm in a month in retaliation. How the hell do you get rid of warts anyway? Surgery??!?! Freezing them does nothing ...

I got a Latte from Jamaica Blue this morning, best ever. They make the best out of the chains (eg. gloria jeans, hudsons, McCafe...).

I also brought a quickpick in Oz Lotto tonight, a lazy 2mil on offer.

Addicted to Chai still. Although trying to go more the green tea these days. None of the chains make a good chai :( ahhh well - off to Canberra at the end of March so will get a fix from my favourite cafe :D

Is this day dragging out?
Or is it just me?
Phone hasn't rang in over 2 hours, plus the A/C isn't working because the people who were meant to fix it are useless, so it's very hot. Getting agitated, oh the joys!

Was about to try and buy my first IP yesterday, but the real estate agent obviously didn't want to make any money :mad:

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

I had to cut out Jeff's last reply since it was mostly swearing, but he basically refused, so all of the weaponary is still available!!!

I know you have lots of money Lil Skater, since you were looking to buy some property, and haven't yet done so :rolleyes:

Yeh, who the hell can taste the difference between cheddar and english cheese (or whatever the choices are) once it is on a huge salad roll? Buggered if I can. Just put on the first cheese you lay your hands on.
Exactly... All three cheeses taste very similar!

I know someone who recently listed their very original 1930's home at 1.05M, immediately after their neighbour's home went up for sale, to highlight the desirability of theirs.

The neighbours house was very similar, but with at least $200,000 worth of renovations and was listed at $850,000.

Why more, because most people prefer original and like to do their own renos and developers only buy unrenovated homes :confused:.

The house didn't sell... I wonder why.

people are wierd.

What about this guy's open plan filing cabinet office? They say he's quite organized :confused: Well I guess that he's just contributing to the effeciency of his employer's organization!
picture.php

He's a senior member and lawyer at VCAT, 55 king st. You can see the buildings across the intersection of king st & flinders lane through the windows.

Well yay, I officially gained 1kg this month and they said come back in 6 weeks, you're too boring to come in every month.

Funny thing is my blood pressure keeps going down ... at least the number on the bottom does. From 60something to 40something now and the top one is holding around 120 give or take, whatever that means.

Back