The Penske File

I have been taken taken off The Penske File - Obviously, I am not Penske material.

Thanks to Somersoft for keeping me entertained and filling in my day... It is now time to do some work! All the best with everything... I might drop in from time to time.

Steve

Moving on to a new job, Steve? Surely they still have internet access where you're going? :confused: Why do you have to leave/minimise Somersoft? Say it isn't so!

Moving on to a new job, Steve? Surely they still have internet access where you're going? :confused: Why do you have to leave/minimise Somersoft? Say it isn't so!
I've been transferred from the Drilling Rig to the permanent base camp. Still have the net but I am usually too busy to use it! I used to look after about 100 guys on the rig, so it was very quiet and I had heaps of time on the net. I now have 150 people in camp plus assist with 6,000 in the local community. My workload had probably tripled but that isn't always a bad thing.

I have had some very interesting cases in the past few weeks - man shot in head (deceased), man chopped with bush knife suffering complete amputation of 3 fingers, man chopped in face requiring 53 sutures, plus a whole stack of medical cases.

I will pop into SS whenever I get the chance but going by the last two weeks, that won't be too often.

I have had some very interesting cases in the past few weeks - man shot in head (deceased), man chopped with bush knife suffering complete amputation of 3 fingers, man chopped in face requiring 53 sutures, plus a whole stack of medical cases.
Thanks for sharing, Steve. When you do pop in, remember to share some details of the most interesting cases for us, just to enliven our days - and remind us to be grateful for first-world health care facilities. :) Are you a doc, nurse or medic? Or other?

I have been working on the Penske File here all day :D.

I have done absolutely nothing, zip, nada, ziltch. Too many late nights (not having fun either, picking up kids from lat shift etc) and just couldn't get going today.

Planning on telling hubby that I was working on the Penske File. He will think that is funny :).

and remind us to be grateful for first-world health care facilities. :) Are you a doc, nurse or medic?
Medic (with emergency nursing background)... 4 weeks on / 4 weeks off.

You are right about the first world health care facilities - When I am back home & do a few shifts, I am so appreciative of the facilities there.

Back