The results (as they happen)

Just checked out The Australian site and see this:

Exit poll says ALP win

Sid Marris, Online Political Editor AN exit poll taken across 31 Coalition-held marginal seats suggest Labor has won the federal election with 53 per cent of the vote.

I will refrain from political comment and hope others do so too. :D

Stop counting you buggers...............:D

We still haven't finished voting over here.

I went to vote today and was told that I had already voted.........WTF:confused:

Turns out the kid crossing the names off, had crossed off my name instead of some one elses........

As much as I hated it, I had to resort the *photographic* ID in the wallet.

ciao

Nor

I can imagine that having results published while your booths are still open would pith one off a little. LOL. But it was an exit poll.

I think this is a real problem. No need to show ID. I could turn up and say I was anybody and they just cross off my name. Go to the next church or school, say I am my neighbour, vote for them.

When the neighbour turns up and finds someone has voted using their name, they show their ID (apparently) and get to vote again.

But I have still had two votes (or as many as I can manage in the day, using all the names I know).

Shouldn't we be showing some type of ID?

Wylie

P.S. I also think it stinks that each party cannot have their voting leaflets in the booth because the number of trees lost to printing and handing out these leaflets all over Australia just makes me boil.

Looks like the big swing in Qld will put it beyond doubt in the next half hour.

Howard will concede a little after 9. It would be poor form to do so any earlier.

Got to agree..............:)

Will he lose his own seat though???..........seems to be looking like it

No results at all yet from WA.

Interesting to see how Kal ends up.........??

ciao

Nor

Back