The right feng shui for health, wealth and sound personal relationships.

feng shui is an important aspect for IP or PPR purchase

• yes very much so

Votes: 5 7.6%
  • yes some what

Votes: 17 25.8%
  • no

Votes: 25 37.9%
  • pull your head in

Votes: 22 33.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
The right feng shui for health, wealth and sound personal relationships is something to consider according to the SMH newspaper.

By not doing this would I be limiting myself to a reduced buyers market?
For commercial property what sort of fee should I be paying?

Pretty sure I saw that article - written by Wayne Kerr if I'm not mistaken. Feng Shui.... What a crock.

Mark

You seem to read alot of Wayne Kerrs work. Is he your favourite author?

My wife had our PPOR Feng Shui - ed. She seems happier and our place does now 6 mnths later have more positive energy. Maybe its in the mind but we can feel it.

The previous owners went through a divorce in the house and we somewhat felt the vibe. Now we feel more positive having the crystals and dragons supporting us.

We are in the process of designing some townhouses - i will ensure the designs have been fung shuied. When we look at properties we do now look at them with fung shui in mind. For example we would never buy a property at the end of a street.

The above may have some merrit I cannot comment as I have no idea what Feng Shui is!:rolleyes:

Newspaper investors seem to make loses in real estate so the fact that it was published in a newspaper seems to be a paradox!

I personally stay well clear of the media.

feng shui is mostly about placement and flow ... although i do have some discrete feng shui items around my house - small cut crystal globe in the centre of the house, an item of particular colour in particular area, layout the furniture for flow etc - i believe the basic principle behind feng shui is sound, rather than the fluff that tends to go with it.

for example, protection of the house via a fence or trees if you're at a road junction (stops lights shining in, cars coming thru the front door), decluttering the house (say no more). etc so, i don't know whether it is so much the feng shui - but the common sense principles behind the feng shui that is important.

to that end - yes i believe in the principles as they give the house a more open, friendly vibe.

I don't know what feng shui is, but when things were going bad, no matter how I tried to solve it, it wouldn't get any better.

Then my friend, who used some feng shui principles, had a look at my bedroom and said change the position of the bed and the cupboard. Then, what do you know, everything which seemed to go against me, changed over night. I think the principle was do not position your bed directly in line with the door as you will lose your energy or something. So when things go wrong in my life, I change the position of my furniture in the house.

No need to pay a fee - there are heaps of books out there so go along to your local library.

A lot of the feng shui principles make good sense.

The only one I have an issue with is their thinking that the front and back doors should not be in a straight line. In Queensland that is what works best - good airflow right through the house.
Marg

You seem to read alot of Wayne Kerrs work. Is he your favourite author?

Yeah I do, they're great! There's ones on:

- The Western Interpretation of Feng Shui
- Religion
- Law of Attraction
- Eternal Optimism

You should read them sometime, quite enlightening.

Mark

Feng Shui definately works for me

Yep I use some, OK a lot, of Feng shui principles to help with my purchases.

Got a very long list of things I look for that works for me, but here is a couple:

My particular golden rule is toilets need an external wall and must have ventilation and not be visible from the front door.

High side of the street or the house can't be lower than street level.

I make sure that front and back doors are not in alignment.

Love red front doors.

Fussy with staircases and how they are positioned to front doors. etc etc

Our new PPOR had an ugly broken fountain in line with the gate and front door. We removed the ugly statue bits and left the octaganal base (too heavy to lift). It now has a beautiful water lilly and 5 fish (odd numbers are lucky), and created an instant change to the "mood" of the house.

If you are selling it is recommended that you place a large red sold sign on a photo of the property and then look at it in the morning and night (at least). I would also the price you want on it too. I am currently trying this, so will report on the success later.

Sunshine

Hiya,

To me, feng shui is all about aesthetics.

Ie, if your environment looks good, it'll help you'll feel good as a result. Same basic principles as how red coloured rooms heighten anger while pale blue rooms induce calm, for example.

I think some of the feng shui ideas, like a little plastic tortoise in one's office to promote longevity in employment, are probably a bit of a crock. But the simple things about placement and colours may have some sort of merit.

With that in mind... since my investments don't form a part of my environment (I don't live in my IP's!), I'm not sure that feng shui would have any real relevance.

Just my completely amateur thoughts on the topic. Not something I've ever really looked into much, but that's how I see it.

Cheers

James.

most Feng Shui principles came from "book of changes", the Chinese most mysterious book wrote almost 4000 years ago. my friend's father is a scholar of ''Book of Changes" in China, who often been invited by Chinese billionaires to use Feng Shui principles for their businesses. really change their businesses better and better. same principles using in prop investment would be usefulness.

"who often been invited by Chinese billionaires to use Feng Shui principles for their businesses. really change their businesses better and better.

I think if you've become a billionaire before you used the feng shui, then by that time you probably don't need it. ;)

I don't mind a bit of the old feng shui myslef, especially from a design point of view when planning modifications/ reno's.

A good friend of mine is a successful architect and she does all sorts of work. Feng shui is a very large part of her focus and she also uses other systems like, wait for it, Sacred Geometry and The Flying Stars. Sacred Geometry I guess is fairly self explanitry but the flying stars has got me a bit puzzled. She has offered to come over and do a bit of the old Flying Stars stuff at my place, but to date I've politely declined as it sounds a bit dangerous. Apparently it works for her and she seems to do OK for herself.

This is the website: www.designserenity.com.au I think it is still under construction but worth a squiz for the believers

Cheers all and OMG, just realized that I have made over 100 SS posts, never thought I'd see the day. Thanks all for the invaluable info and happy easter.

Cheers

I don't mind a bit of the old feng shui myslef, especially from a design point of view when planning modifications/ reno's.

A good friend of mine is a successful architect and she does all sorts of work. Feng shui is a very large part of her focus and she also uses other systems like, wait for it, Sacred Geometry and The Flying Stars. Sacred Geometry I guess is fairly self explanitry but the flying stars has got me a bit puzzled. She has offered to come over and do a bit of the old Flying Stars stuff at my place, but to date I've politely declined as it sounds a bit dangerous. Apparently it works for her and she seems to do OK for herself.

This is the website: www.designserenity.com.au I think it is still under construction but worth a squiz for the believers

Cheers all and OMG, just realized that I have made over 100 SS posts, never thought I'd see the day. Thanks all for the invaluable info and happy easter.

Cheers

Feng shui is about making feng shui consultants becoming rich.

If I didn't have to work so hard for my wealth and just pointed a frog in the right direction to get my wealth, I would just sell frogs.

I believe presentation is worth around 5% of the value of the selling price of the property, but I have never had a prospective buyer ring up and ask is the power meter on the wall opposite where my bed will be.....

I'm in favour of a bit of Feng Shui. I think many of the design principles are just plain common sense, and suggested colours and placement of furniture, simply make areas more pleasing to the eye.

A few times on this forum people have posted phots of properties for sale, which we've all cringed/laughed at/bemoaned...and most of these have voided the principles of Feng Shui.

Feng Shui may help by giving people a feeling of control and influence over aspects of their life that are generally hard to control. If it works, regardless of how and why it works, great.

I would like to learn more about feng shui principles as I am a very visual person and my environment seems to affect my moods in a big way.

Louise

thanks for the prompt guys ... i've finally gotten around to feng shui-ing my ensuite. hopefully that will stop the money "draining"!

nothing much - just finally got around to putting up the organic pottery and macrame chime over the loo (high ceilings) and going to buy a pot plant today to put next to the bath and vanity.

makes the white on white bathroom look so much nicer as well - less sterile.

thanks for the prompt guys ... i've finally gotten around to feng shui-ing my ensuite. hopefully that will stop the money "draining"!

nothing much - just finally got around to putting up the organic pottery and macrame chime over the loo (high ceilings) and going to buy a pot plant today to put next to the bath and vanity.

makes the white on white bathroom look so much nicer as well - less sterile.
According to Feng Shui, we need to keep our toilet lids down as well...stops the money being flushed down the drain. (Could be more challenging for the males, eh!:p

Feng shui-- I think is pronounced- Fong shoeey That rhymes with "alot of hooey"-- I was selling a house ($ 2mill) a couple of years ago. It was painted all white inside. Agent told me "you have limited your market- Asians won't buy- white is bad f.S etc-- Well outcome was that I sold to a Chinese man- I remember the negotiations were done round our own dining table. Present were my huband and I. the agent, the buyer & his wife, the buyer's Australian real easte /financial adviser,his body guard,and another man and woman whose role was obscure . maybe they had summit to do with advising re Feng sui-- LOL

Back