The Secret is on channel 9 tonight (sat)

I hear what you're saying mate, but this whole psychic, Abraham using someone's body to channel thoughts thing is just pure bunko. These sorts of stunts have been conclusively proven to be fake time and time again.

This bit here:

"Abraham, whose speaking voice is rounder, quicker and more computerlike than Ms. Hicks’s natural voice, replied by repeating the woman’s phrase roughly 20 times and then explained it contained its own negativity, which was leaving the woman paddling upstream on the river of life."

Is not actually saying anything. That bit about negativity could be used for any situation in life!

Well mate, have fun over in the U.S. I hope you get something out of it that makes your life better for you.

Mark

Hi Mark
Below is a link to listen to Abraham in action. I am not out to change your view but just to just through a little light on mine if possible. Appreciate your feedback as expert skeptics have not been able to find a flaw in her other than her voice has changed accent from when she first started channelling Abraham. Her reason is that she has become more comfortable with the whole concept.

http://www.abraham-hicks.com/rampage.php
Simon

I'll have a squizz tonight when I'm in front of a computer with sound.

Mark

I just wanted to say that I am not into mumbo jumbo. I am a result focussed hard nut. I don't suffer fools but over time I have learned to allow them to be and have always been keen to help others learn what I have experienced when I have found great benefit from that action. This LoA concept is no different. Infact it is the single most productive enlightening experience I have enjoyed in over 50years(apart from sex. That will always rate highly:D )
I must admit though that this stuff is deep, infact I find myself going so far down the rabbit hole sometimes that it can get a little wierd.:)
Note also that I have invested most of my time to these processes over the past 6 months and the language and understanding of the Abraham content takes time to sink in.
regards
Simon

Hi Simon,

It's not the message itself, but rather the whole 'possession of bodies' thing that I'm not diggin'. I'm not a religious/spiritual person by any means, but I do take little bits from here and there from various religious/spiritual perspectives that I feel can make my life that much better (Do unto others as you would have done unto you, respect all forms of life, etc).

I've read a number of spiritual books in my lifetime (The Road Less Travelled was particularly endearing) and I've read The Art of Happiness by The Dalai Lama several times now (actually might be a good time to read it again I think).

It's been good having this discussion with you, I thouroughly enjoyed it. As I said before - have a great time in the US and I hope you come out of the experience with something positive.

Mark

Hi Mark
I do understand what you are saying.
Let me try to explain this in another way.
I am a musician/artist. People with creative talent seemingly effortlessly produce works that amaze others by their creative geneous. This is accepted and encouraged because it is quite a common occurance in or society.
There are other folk who are hypersensitive, they are in a much smaller minority to artists/musicians/comedians etc. I have met only a handful of these folk throughout my life.
An example of whom is the wife of a musician friend of mine who would tell him that a particular person was contacting him by phone. As she would say that then their the phone would ring with guess who? on the other end of the line. For them that was a common occurance.
Why is it that we get an uncomfortable feeling when we hear of such stuff but feel quite comfortable to see an artist or musician creating something so far outside a "normal person's" natural ability. We are all just a big bunch of scaredy cats.
Simon

I have to say that the whole subject is rather interesting. I have lived most of my life visualising what I wanted in it but when I saw 'what the bleep' and 'the secret' I was just blown away. These movies refined how I view the world and my place in it. I know what I want, I'm just never sure exactly how to get it.

My life has taken an interesting turn over the last couple of years and it has truely demonstrated to me that what you put out into the universe, it will provide.
- I moved from Drwn to Mky to "get a life", not work so hard and find the man of my dreams - done that. I quit doing construction (long hrs - enviro), started my own business as a mortgage broker (I could wrk my own hrs and I wanted a challenge) and shacked up with a guy (never lived with a guy until now and I just turned 31).
- I was bored being a broker because even though I was making good $$ and I had a successful business and it didn't seem like a challenge anymore. This, I decided around December.
- I did however crave to be able to take a few days off (not possible at that time of yr). I went to King Island for Xmas (planning on working the whole time) - the broadband connection was down on the island for my whole trip, so I could not access the internet (therefore work). So I had a fantastic forced holiday and I had down time with my partner.
- After Xmas I got a call from a guy I worked with a few years ago and he wanted me to go and work for him as the Snr Enviro Coord on Qld's largest infrastructure project. He was throwing $$ at me and the project seemed like a massive challenge - so here I am in Brissy working on a $1.8bill job with my section being $700mill. My partner moves down next month.

Long story short - I didn't realise it at the time but if you do put it out there the universe really does provide and in unexpected ways. It's a pity that I threw out all my enviro stuff early Dec cos I really didn't think I'd be working in the industry again!

Sorry for the ramble
cheers
amanda

oprah "the secret" interview is on today (and i assume tomorrow). channel 10.
It was on today, and I had a rare time at home during the day, and caught a bit of it.

It was interesting- more practical and less mumbo jumbo than I had thought it was going to be. Like the couple who hadn't been getting on- after watching "The Secret", they decided that they would focus on the good things in their partners, and not their shortfalls. Their relationship altered radically.

The timing of ads can be a bit bad sometimes though. We wen from "The secret" straight to an ad which said, "Every family has a secret. Who is going to get killed tonight" (A promo for "Supernatural).

I'm with you Amanda...the universe certainly does provide, and in ways we never expected! Glad to hear you have landed in a fab job!

Well The LoA is here to stay for we all heard it on Oprah so it must be true.:)
It is a shame that the Hicks' were not there to share in the glory.
In the big picture the real good news is that folks like Napolean Hill and W.D. Wattles can come out of the closet and get a gernsey for their work in the field of LoA. Abraham may have to wait just a little bit longer until folk can get past their own fears of the unknown.
Cheers
Simon

thanks for the link simon - now all i need to do is put out some loa for some uninterrupted time to surf it .... :eek:

at least with somersoft, it can be perused whilst (now) 4yr old is demanding my attention too.

Just curious, has anybody from Somersoft joined the abraham-hicks forum? I have.

Very interesting and quite uplifting and positive...cant do any harm, had to think of a real cool spiritual username:D

Mrs Bird

Just curious, has anybody from Somersoft joined the abraham-hicks forum? I have.

Very interesting and quite uplifting and positive...cant do any harm, had to think of a real cool spiritual username:D

Mrs Bird

Hi Mrs Bird
I am a member, Yeslist is my name on that forum.
Cheers
Simon

Back