The soft depression that we had to have

We're probably going to copy all of the elderly folk who bought property back in the 50's.

• They never read this forum.
  • They never log onto the internet.
  • They wouldn't know what Wall St is, or where it is.
  • They wouldn't know any of the dirty 7 you just listed.
I reckon they are just going to sit and do absolutely nothing. That's also our plan whilst everyone else gets into a tizz.

We remember sailing up the QLD coast several years back drinking vast quantities of rum and champagne, eating freshly caught crays, fish and oysters for several months oblivious to the goings on in the world.

We remember pulling in to places to win races for rum buy more rum and champagne (and drinking even more at bars) while seeing strange things on TV and the look of shock on people and figured it was a movie and moved on not really caring about the strange behaviour of the TV addicted.

We remember meeting up with people on a very expensive boat with TV (ooh ahh) , and drinking rum and champagne in behind an island (out of TV range, why have one) that also had an old edition of Time Magazine.

This is where we first found out about September 11, at least 2 months after it happened.

The next day we pulled the anchor up, sailed some more, caught dinner, drank some more rum and champagne and the world did not change for us.

We are eager to get back out into that world.

wonder who's next - the uk or russia?

I've said this before. The UK.

Financial services were a much greater part of their economy than Oz or US, no resource boom, rapidly declining oil assets in the north sea, they only produce 60% of their food needs, and an even greater % of their workforce is in services than Australia, 80% compared to 75%.

Don't know too much about Russia though.

See ya's.

The banks start tightening the screws as global panic occurs

For over a year now I have been following on the internet the financial tragedy involving the misuse of property packaged derrivatives called CDO's with growing concern. The internet is a terrific resource which allows you to cut through the spin that our political and financial masters serve up.

We have heard a lot of nonsense by our political leaders about how this world wide contagion will not undermine our markets........ Think again

The Australian banking system no matter how well managed is part of the world wide integrated banking conglomeration. As the banks are being forced to digest a write down of assets they are also being squeezed as corporations take up undrawn lending commitiments as their balance sheets have also been hit because of interparty liabilities.

As the demand for capital increases and the collapse of the securitisation markets both here and overseas, small to medium size businesses will be the first to discover that they cannot access previous sources.

As lending markets contract so to will housing, retail, commercial and industrial real estate. Banks depend on consumers and business to borrow. This will result on a cascade of losses hitting banks and insurance companies

This will then set up a cycle of further credit defaults, a further diminuation in banking capital with tightening of lending requirements resulting in a drop in economic activity that the will start the cycle over with further credit defaults.

You will continue to hear that this is a normal common garden recession and everything will be ok this time next year. The reality is the last great depression took over 20 years to work itself out and for the share market to regain its loses. All assets collapsed during that time including property.

Unlike the last great depression we are in a soft depression with a world wide economy that has much deeper pockets. The fiscal damage never the less is serious and you are seeing the gradual decline in Pax America's financial dominance.

Many Somersoft posters are still in denial as to the seriousness of what has occurred. This is because many have never studied any history and are doomed to repeat it. Fortunately the head of the US reserve (which is a private banking consortium) did his Phd on the underlying causes that brought the world down in 1929.

Problem is the politicians are unwilling to allow the perpetuators to fall that would shorten the pain and allow the second tier financial structures on wall street to step in thereby reestablishing good banking practices.

Property is an asset like paper equities and it is only worth what the market is willing to pay. If there is no capital than there is no market for property to sell in. Unlike paper equities property does have some redeeming value... you can always plant veggies:)

and i still have my SANF factor - how is that?

i must be in complete denial because the way i see it, those banks that messed up and lent to people who cant repay, built their pyramid lending schemes on shaky foundations and generally p155ed money down the drain are gonna fold, so i don't see anything out of the ordinary.

the media is acting like banks are saints.

then we can all abolish the speculation and start returning to a solid investment foundation of fundementals, yield, dividend, PE ratios etcetera.

Paradise

We remember sailing up the QLD coast several years back drinking vast quantities of rum and champagne, eating freshly caught crays, fish and oysters for several months oblivious to the goings on in the world.

We remember pulling in to places to win races for rum buy more rum and champagne (and drinking even more at bars) while seeing strange things on TV and the look of shock on people and figured it was a movie and moved on not really caring about the strange behaviour of the TV addicted.

We remember meeting up with people on a very expensive boat with TV (ooh ahh) , and drinking rum and champagne in behind an island (out of TV range, why have one) that also had an old edition of Time Magazine.

This is where we first found out about September 11, at least 2 months after it happened.

The next day we pulled the anchor up, sailed some more, caught dinner, drank some more rum and champagne and the world did not change for us.

We are eager to get back out into that world.

Just one word......

PARADISE.

Go for it BoatBoy

because it used to be deemed communism to step in and bail out a bank or four.

now, it seems the line is so blurry no one can tell where communism starts and capitalism begins.

Jeez you must be fun at parties nonrecourse. :rolleyes:

If you want to come here and contribute something useful, why dont you discuss how people should minimise their risk, rather than continiously peddling your opinions on how the past will be repeated in the future and how we are all doomed. We've got the message now ok, please say something new.

Ignorance is bliss

Jeez you must be fun at parties nonrecourse. :rolleyes:

If you want to come here and contribute something useful, why dont you discuss how people should minimise their risk, rather than continiously peddling your opinions on how the past will be repeated in the future and how we are all doomed. We've got the message now ok, please say something new.

It seems you haven't gone back and read my earlier posts. From the very beginning I have talked about asset protection through D.I.Y. super controlling a trevisan unit trust as well as the use of a discretionary trusts that holds units in a unit trust that then hold your property assets;)

What your actually saying is you don't want to know about a once in a hundred year occurance that will repeat the ongoing history of greed that leads to so much suffering. There is an ignore button that you can activate that will remove me from your viewings I suggest you use it.

It seems you haven't gone back and read my earlier posts. From the very beginning I have talked about asset protection through D.I.Y. super controlling a trevisan unit trust as well as the use of a discretionary trusts that holds units in a unit trust that then hold your property assets;)

What your actually saying is you don't want to know about a once in a hundred year occurance that will repeat the ongoing history of greed that leads to so much suffering. There is an ignore button that you can activate that will remove me from your viewings I suggest you use it.

Has a hundred years passed already? Seems like only yesterday.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Resolution_Trust_Corporation

This is where they will be going I feel. Look at the effects after its introduction might give a real idea of what may happen.

Cheers

Shane

Last edited:
we've got a bloke at the wheel of US Fed that did his PhD on the 1929 crash.

we've got central banks WORLDWIDE and COLLECTIVELY pumping USD$250tril into the markets.

my biggest worry is that Bush Jr. will use this turmoil as an excuse to cancel the upcoming elections.

i wonder how all this money is disappearing. was it never there in the first place?

Go to war with Russia, Iran and Pakistan in no particular order, then; cancel the upcoming election. (it's about the oil)

All those US and British oil companies Saddam threw out 38 years ago are back ready to do business in Iraq.

The US Govt has an off balance sheet which no one gets to see.
Some guestimate it to be $US100 trillion. Nice to have your hand on the money printing presses.

In fact M3 information is not available to Congress anymore. (source:Ron Paul)

All this has gone further than anything Orwell predicted in his book 1984.

Now that's Gloomy:eek:

has anyone any thoughts on how the $250tril will affect the future economy?

my first thought was that the usa federal has no money at the moment anyhow - they owe massively already to asian countries - then were are they getting the trillions from, and what consequence will this have once the debt is called in.

are we just being set up for a bigger crash - instead of individual banks etc, will the entire usa government crash down the track?

it's a ploy.

someone somewhere is pushing for a global currency. it's been on the cards for eons. trickles of info here, dabs of movement there....

the taxpayers bailing out private institutions means the taxpayer is now exposed to the crunch in a way they weren't before.

this is the third horse of four, moving towards the end of days *as we know it* (the bit most people leave out).

nah man it's not heebie jeebie stuff, it's a very subtle move for global currency.

look up the The Security and Prosperity Partnership Agreement (SPP).

It's a North American Union - similar to the European Union. the whole EU runs on one currency now, as will the NAU eventually. Rudd has already put a proposition forward involving SE Asia.

all the little currencies are being dissolved into larger unified currencies - then those currencies will be unified into one global currency.

i just like to 5h1t stir witht he "horses" analogy - because everyone has heard of this.

Back