The Tribunal Sucks

Sailor,

The original house was three bedroom. A previous owner extended to create another bedroom, but they removed another wall to create a larger lounge room. The net effect being, a three bedroom house with a large lounge room.

We would like to put the wall back up, reduce the size of the lounge room and create a fourth bedroom. At the same time we would update the kitchen and provide a short corridor to access the bathroom and the other two bedrooms.

There is a granny flat in the backyard which can be accessed from the side street. If we seperated the power and water and built a dividing fence we could possibly rent this seperately.

So we do have valid reasons to request vacant possession without having to make up anything.

The point however is... isn't the fact that the tenant continues to be in arrears a good enough reason to be given vacant possession? :eek:

Regards

Andrew

Move the tenant on

Annoying is an understatement. This tenant is a remnant of a bad PM that we got rid of well over a year ago. Have had to evict all the tenants they put into our property & this is the last of a bad bunch. Can't wait to be rid of her too.

Hi Skater; Your story is all too familiar. Forget the bleeding heart's at the tribunal just get her out even if it means you lose some of the rent she owes you. You are not a charity it is not your brief to support the hangers on. It makes my blood boil when tribunals take it upon themselves to dole out social welfare via private property owners.

As she has not paid the outstanding debt I would not be giving her another lease I would be giving her notice to vacate:mad:

Hi Skater; Your story is all too familiar. Forget the bleeding heart's at the tribunal just get her out even if it means you lose some of the rent she owes you. You are not a charity it is not your brief to support the hangers on. It makes my blood boil when tribunals take it upon themselves to dole out social welfare via private property owners.

As she has not paid the outstanding debt I would not be giving her another lease I would be giving her notice to vacate:mad:

Agree, they're just tenant advocates no impartiality there.

The PM tried to get vacant possession. The tribunal wouldn't hear of it. :mad:

So.....Skater and BH, it's been about 2 weeks since you initially posted, have you ;

1. Received any rent or catch up monies from your tenant ??
2. Upped the rent on her ??

I just re-read the thread and it reads very badly for you.....the way you've written it. It appears that the Mag is 100% in the Tenant's corner and all of the normal tactics to get her out and claim vacant possession actually work against you and against what the Maj has deemed to be the case.

Are you willing to accept the Maj's decision, or work against him/her and potentially get them offside even further.

On a much smaller level, I'm agog that the PM's in NSW do not charge LL's extra for attendance at tribunals. That, coupled with generally lower PM fees, makes your deal alot better than what we get here in WA. No wonder alot of you over there on the skanky side of the paddock use PM's. :)

Hi Dazz,

Yes, she has made the first payment including the extra $100 f/n payment. Yes, the agent has sent out a love letter telling her that her rent will be increased by $30 pw. The agent is also going to send her another letter in very plain, easy to understand english, detailing that the $100 f/n will have to be paid in addition to the rent increase, just so that there is no confusion.

OK....is that a good thing or not ??

Catches you up a bit on the money side, but stalls the process of getting her out I imagine.

It's both good & bad. Good, because we could really do with the $$, but bad, because if we could get rid of her, we could reno the place & get more $$.

LOL, I would have loved to be a fly on the wall when she opened the letter with the rent increase.

Back