The United States

Forum policy does not allow me to post this link.

But a google search with "Nigel Kibel" and the name of a certain "un-named consumer advocate" will turn up an interesting link.

M

Very interesting indeed. Especially as the name Westpoint also appeared.
Alex

westpoint

A stupid comment Alex

As I mentioned above I had nothing to do with the sale. It referred to a property built by westpoint. Westpoint sold 1000s of properties. They have gotten into trouble becuase of their mezzinine finance scheme. Which is something I have always warned people about.

Touche. Though I didn't say you had anything to do with it personally, Nigel. Think of it like the situation where all Arthur Anderson employees get tarred with the Enron brush. People who employed you to do talks at their seminars did some dodgy stuff. Fair? Probably not, but....

Besides, I don't always agree with what the unnamed consumer advocate says. I've bought through a marketing company that he has criticised in an article, and my buys have been profitable. And they got me started in IP investing, which is priceless. As you say, Nigel, we have to do our own due diligence.

Looking forward to your posts on the US market, though personally I only look at US market news as an indicator of what might happen in Oz. I don't believe I'll run out of opportunities in the Australian market which, after all, must be worth a good couple hundred billion dollars.
Alex

This thread has go way out of hand. If people have an issue about Nigel's posts, that is one thing and you're quite within your rights to take him to task, but the personal attacks are pretty low. There are plenty of people who have had articles written on them by that consumer advocate who have never done anything wrong. If you do a search on this forum you will find plenty of kind comments about Nigel from people who have worked with him in the past, including one of the moderators.

I know Nigel personally and also know the owner of the company he is running in the US. For those who are interested in the US as an investment destination, it is great news that Nigel has taken up this position and is willing to contribute information, from the coal face, on the market over there.

Regards
Alistair

Alistair

Nigel has bombarded this forum with thinly disguised spam for several years now.

In fact he was banned once for spamming. He returned to the forum only after he contacted the powers that be and asked to be allowed to post again. They agreed on the proviso that he did not spam.

I'm sorry to say that the halo you seem to think sits on his head has most certainly slipped.

You've been a member here for a couple of years now - you know how it works. This place is full of some of the sharpest minds in residential property investment in Australia. As such people who can not back up what they say (especially those trying to sell something) will get mauled.

If anything Nigel should be grateful he wasn't called to account alot sooner.

M

ps. That pretty much concludes what I have to say. It is up to Nigel now to (in his own time) produce the goods. But spamming is undefendable in my book.

I'm sorry to say that the halo you seem to think sits on his head has most certainly slipped.

That really is a BS comment. I never said Nigel was perfect. If you don't like the way he posts and want to call him to account I have no problem with that. I do have a problem with personal attacks, in this case the inferences that are created by bringing up the comments by the consumer advocate, everyone knows that he never has a nice word to say about anyone.

This site certainly has some participants with great knowledge and is a fantastic resource, but it would be better if people refrained from personal attacks. There are a number of former contributors who have left because of this, to everyone’s detriment.

Regards
Alistair

Guys and Gals

What is going on here!

Everyone has the abilty to put someone down for doing whatever it is they are doing , baging people for something they are trying to do. This does not make any sence , I take my hat of to Nigel going over to live in the US to follow his dreams , what an absoulute champion. I look forward to hearing his storys .

I have been studying the US market for 18 months now and have been there over there 3 times in that period. I can tell you that I wouldnt buy were quiggles bought thats for sure . Not saying he has done the wrong thing but Im yet to hear a up state new york sucess story ,I have heard plenty of horror storys from there. In fact Texas is one of the few states I would purchase in if I was going to buy over there .

Please people dont put people down everone is entitled to tell there storys and should not be pursicuted for doing so .

There are people selling and doing shotie deals on all these forums but unless some one has got a genuinely bad story about Nigel ripping them off then please keep your negative commets to yourself. There are people on this forum such as myself that want to hear his story .

Once again Nigel I take my hat off to you

Jen

I have looked at the two states in detail. There is no doubt that California is currently overpriced in many of there cities. In Texas there is still a lot of room for growth. Most property investors currently buying in Texas are from California.
In San Antonio the city was once a military city. That has largely changed. Recently Toyota have started building there biggest plant in the United Staes there. Many companies are also relocating to Texas. The growth in Texas will be steady. The other thing to consider is that up to know there have been no state taxes in Texas, but there are property taxes. These property taxes are currently 3 percent with around 1.5% to fund schools. This tax has been deemed unconsitutional and there is a strong belief that after the November elections the tax will reduce to around 2%. If you can buy positive cashflow property in a major city that is growing then this represents a great place to invest.

Hi Nigel,

Like I said, I'm not saying that Texas is a bad investment, and California may very well be overvalued - but I still think it's ridiculous to compare the 2, there is no comparison. They are totally different states, with totally different histories. California will always be the major tourist destination (especially for Aussies :D ); have Hollywood, Disneyland, best vineyards, San Fran, have every climate you could ever want, on the beautiful ocean, basically, it will always be a place where people want to be, and want to retire. And it will always be a very liberal state, versus a very conservative Texan state. This can make a big difference. Texas has never had the same demand as Cali, and probably never will. It may be a great investment - and I don't have much doubt on that - but do not compare the two median price ranges, it's misleading.

However, if you compare the median in Cali now to the medium in Cali a few years ago - and the same for Texas, then you may be on to something!

Cheers,
Jen

Cheers,
Jen

Isn't it strange to say 'Texas is better' or 'California is better' anyway? South Central LA is not Beverley Hills, and the Bay Area is not Oakland. I mean, if someone said to us 'NSW is better' or 'QLD is better' wouldn't our first response be: 'WHERE in NSW and QLD'? Blacktown is not the same as Double Bay.
Alex

What is going on here!

Yeah Rikky, what IS going on here, your PI mate is getting questioned about his motives on SS and you come over and stick up for him with your first contribution in 363 days, what a classic, good for a laugh !!!! Just happened to be in the neighbourhood did we ??
Ah the comedy of it all :D
JIM

Isn't it strange to say 'Texas is better' or 'California is better' anyway? South Central LA is not Beverley Hills, and the Bay Area is not Oakland. I mean, if someone said to us 'NSW is better' or 'QLD is better' wouldn't our first response be: 'WHERE in NSW and QLD'? Blacktown is not the same as Double Bay.
Alex

Yes, I definitly agree, that was going to be my second point, but you said it great. And you definitly can't compare a "city" witin one state (i.e San Antonio) to to a different "state" (i.e California) in general - it does not make sense, and can definitly be misleading.

By the way Nigel, I have nothing whatsoever against what you're doing, and I'm sure you'll find some wonderful deals for investors - but to get people on your side, you've got to be comparing "oranges with oranges" and "apples with apples".

Cheers,
Jen

Jimmy

You must know that im on other forums alot by saying Rikky, I ussally dont repley to anything on this forum because of this exact kind of thing but I always come here to have a read and when someone starts bagging someone like Nigel who is following his dreams I will say what needs to be said.
One other thing, PI mate? you call him a PI mate, you have no idea what you are talking about.

Nigel

How are things going since you arrived in SS ? I know its a little early and your probably still settleing in. I will be coming over in Nov the 1st for 2 weeks , would be good to catch up .

Kind regards Rick

catch up

Hi Rick

I look forward to catching up.

I have started posting on some of my experiences and will share information as it comes to hand.

Hi Nigel,

Your mate XBenX here, just thought Id throw you a loaded question to answer. Can you believe how much money you make investing in the US market?

Its great isnt it!

Speak to you soon,

XBenX

Your mate XBenX here, just thought Id throw you a loaded question to answer.

Yes, why PM when you can make a post and bump a thread?

Though with any luck people will read all of the thread and realise who they are dealing with.

M

ps. *Bump* Thread # 6.

I am not marketing to Australians

I have accepted comments on this forum and will try to post useful information for people who wish to find out more about the United States or should I say San Antonio. I repeat, I am not trying to sell anything, my main market is in the United States. I am happy to share information as I come accross it.

Back