Thermomix

Does anyone have one?
Or is my friends list on FB filled with a few too many rich ladies?
I keep hearing of people rave about it. But I already have a KitchenAid, Stick blender thingee and whatever else I want including a couple of microplanes.
Will it end up sitting in the bottom shelf like that slow cooker I thought that I would always use? And at $2000 I expect Chinese chefs to come and cook my food too.

Does anyone have one?
Or is my friends list on FB filled with a few too many rich ladies?
I keep hearing of people rave about it. But I already have a KitchenAid, Stick blender thingee and whatever else I want including a couple of microplanes.
Will it end up sitting in the bottom shelf like that slow cooker I thought that I would always use? And at $2000 I expect Chinese chefs to come and cook my food too.

A friend has one, and has talked of nothing else since she bought it.

Apparently it does everyting except the dishes.

She loves it, and uses it all the time, because it can do all sorts of different cooking-type things. (You may have noticed cooking is not my strong suit.)

I have had one for two weeks now. I did hesitate before I bought it, did lots of research etc before buying it. I to have a lot of kitchen appliances and consider myself to be a half decent cook, I did wonder if it was more suited to people without much cooking experience or ability. Forgive me for saying that, but was a point I considered. I would be wrong there though, I think it enhances any abilities you already possess.

I have not experimented that much since I have been sick for over a week.

I am still really indecisive about it, but think it is just the thought of how much money it cost. I bought it because I am back working fulltime shift work and thought it would save me heaps of time. They promote how you use so many fresh ingredients and can stop buying so many packaged foods. Well I have always cooked from scratch so for me that was not a factor. Although I love the fact I can now make dips, quickly and easily, something I have never done before. Hommus is yum, something I have never liked before now. I whipped cream in it yesterday, super quick and good. The self clean function is excellent. The rissotto, quick, easy yummy, no more stirring constantly for an hour, made in just over 17 minutes. Will have to make my bread dough again, wasn't keen the one and only time I have done it in the Thermomix, think I still prefer the longer method of making in my bread maker.

I could write heaps more about it, I do still need to experiment more and I have not used the Veromix part at all, considering have the second party to learn how to use that more.

Choice magazine recommends it, although they do mention the price being high.

There are lots of articles on the net you can research it. It is a different way of doing things but really easy to use. There are two thermomix forums too to look at, of course everyone on them loves it, but heaps more recipe ideas.

I guess I am happy with it, it does free up time for me. It is super convenient for chopping your food, salads are a breeze in it. Sorry I have ranted, ask more specific questions if you have any.

Thanks Deena for the feedback. I was just really curious as it is $2G and I am thinking mmm would I really use it? I should just book a demo but I really hate party plans! What if nobody shows up!

Redwing some forums are going mad with Thermomix vs Thermochef. A lot of emotions when it comes to a few thousands spent on kitchen appliances.

Dan C I would think my husband would love something like that, it measures, it's got buttons and it is like a science lab equipment. HAHAHA

You do need to see it in action, a friend booked a party where we were both impressed by it, I booked a party a few weeks after hers. I said to my friends, "come for lunch" as they do a six course of food to demonstrate how it works, I was very clear to my friends though that there was no way I expected them to buy anything.

Does anyone have one?

I have had mine for a year and a half. I know a few others on this forum who also have one. It took me over a year to decide that I would purchase one. A lot of my friends had one before me and I wanted to make sure I would use one.

I do use mine all the time. I only buy raw sugar and make my own castor sugar and icing sugar. Rissotto is a regular. I do a lot of baking and I love the time saved using my Thermomix.

At the moment is getting major use making slushies for the kids. It is the best ice crusher. Add some fruit and a bit of bacardi - makes the best cocktails too. :D

I don't know anyone who has regrets about their purchase.

Sunshine

I should just book a demo but I really hate party plans! What if nobody shows up!

Have you not been to a demo yet? I agree with Deena, you do need to see it in action to appreciate what it can do, and you only need 3 or 4 people for a demo. I have been to quite a few demos - especially before my purchase, and I don't know anyone who has actually bought at a demo. It is something that someone decides later, I find.

Deena is correct, tell your friends that it is a 3 hour food fest - that should get them in.

Sunshine

Agreed it sounds like a different sort of party plan.
Not the kind where the party plan person yells out only $30 left till the host gets a free x, y and z! Or making people spend $40 on a candle. :p

Ok i'm sold. I will book a demo at home. Oh love the cocktails idea.

Having a demo will certainly make you think it might or might not be for you. If you are considering it, make sure you do have 3 people from different households attend, cause if you do decide to buy one you to get a bonus for yourself. Good time to buy to know and December as you get interest free terms, certainly making it more affordable if you do decide to go ahead with it.

I made Beetroot salad last night, yummo, wow to go 3 seconds in the machine to make. Sorbet is great to in this hot weather.

Back