Thinking of Spain

We are nearly 100% of buying in Spain, however we cant decide on an area as we have been all over, does anyone know of an inspection company that offers different parts of Spain.

If you want warm weather go to the English colony on the Costa Del Sol, there are plenty of agents there offering properties right along the coast. They meet you as you get off the plane, it is BIG business there. I was in Nerja in April when it was 26 to 28 C every day, very nice.

Great place but I fear prices have been inflated by the number of British people who have bought there. I was told that 30% of the businesses in Nerja are owned by the British. Every woman's clothing store was owned by a Briton.

I was in Barcelona last September and the evidence of the migration was not as noticeable, most foreigners were tourists not property-hunters.

I am off to North Spain in a few weeks, it will be interesting to see the difference there.

My sister has bought in the mountains, 30 minutes inland from Malaga and loves the weather and the Spanish village life. She bought a ruin and has hired a builder to rebuild it in stages for her. So far, so good. :D

Chris

Spent three weeks lost in Spain (hired a car, my lady "navigated") a couple of decades ago. Thought the north was far better than the south and that Barcelona was a wonderful city.

By comparison the south was crime ridden (not necessarially a well founded opinion) so one would need to live in a gated area: With a bunch of Poms? Having lived most of my life in the tropics maybe I think the grass is greener too and would like to retire in a cooler clime.

I (personally) would research Costa Brava, being close to Barcelona, Andorra and Europe generally. Spain is large for a European country and the Costa del Sol is a long way from Europe. I may be wrong but I got the impression that there was a north/south division in Spain that was very similar to that which exists in Italy. Almost two different races of people and I preferred the northerners.

North Spain has a different dialect to the southern parts of Spain - catalonia.

I'd be going North Spain as I prefer it and it's also closer to the South of France.

Out of interest who do people use to help them with the purchases, I assume some form of buyers agent?

Back