This website is too time consuming!!

I have decided to restrict my time on this website to one night a week. Most likely Monday.
Since my holidays I've just being on this web page. I'm back at work and still spend hours reading the posts.
My wife claims that if it's not property or investing I've nothing to talk about. With the coming Iraqi war, she wants in depth
converations, but I tell her that I can't wait for it to happen so my shares will jump, making me a small fortune.
Even on holidays I would go missing, jump on the website at all over night towns, up the NSW and QLD coast.
I can't keep up with my reading of my subscription magazines.
They've been cut down to three. Now I only have "Shares, Choice
magazine and Aust. Property Investor".
I have missed doing a taxi service due to this site.
So now it's only one night a week.
Looking forward to next Monday night.

BBruham.

i hate to think how much info I will miss out on if I actually get a real job :p

Ill just have to cutout sleep, either that or wireless from the club :p Plenty of 3/4/5 am posts from me then

Keeping up and reading all the posts is hardest for me when I miss a day. Otherwise 30 minutes or so (except Mondays) usually covers it. I try avoid the forum on the weekends to spend time with my family, but that's when the most posts seem to occur.

Personally I wouldn't want to try reading a whole weeks worth of posts one day a week ...

Actually, according to my stats, weekends are the quiet period on the forum. We are currently averaging over 140 posts per day since the middle of January (including weekends), with most weekdays hitting 200 posts on a regular basis now.

When we first moved to the new forum software back in September last year we were averaging around 80 posts a day.

actually, i'm logged on all day at work and still miss reading all the good stuff. can't imagine what it would be like trying to read it all once a week.

I only seem to read threads that have names that appeal to me and ignore the rest, so I am most likely missing good infomation. But I do get to learn intersting stuff .. I think this forum is a lot better then the last one speed wise, that has helped me greatly to follow the forum

I actually considered getting a laptop so i can keep up with the forum during my lunchbreaks,how pathetic is that?

Having 3 kids and a wife who thinks i should help out just a little makes it hard to read ALL posts.Just dont want to miss out on anything i suppose.:D

It certainly is getting busier on here though,might have to get rid of a couple of kids to free up some time.:p :p

Darren

I agree that the number of posts are becoming very difficult to keep up to date with and so it is esy to miss some good threads or individual posts.

I believe a few more forum headings might help individuals filter thru the numerous posts more easily.

........any chance Sim??

Other than that it is still a great source of knowledge.

Joe D

Originally posted by Joe D
I believe a few more forum headings might help individuals filter thru the numerous posts more easily.........any chance Sim??

This is something we are continually evaluating. We have already added several new forums in the last couple of months... Where to Buy, Legal Issues for example.

We really need to try and keep a balance between having lots of different topics to allow people to focus their reading more, and having an interface that is overly complex with too many topics !

If anyone has any suggestions on a new topic area that we could add, then feel free to suggest it and I will take it up with the other moderators to see if we think it is a good idea.

Back