This will shock a lot of people

The television show last night did research in a lab to test the most "jermy" place in the house and the results didn't suggest that it was the toilet that was the most "jermy".

The results show that it is the keyboard.

There are good germs, harmless germs and bad germs.

I would rather get the harmless germs from a kitchen or keyboard than one of the fewer but far more harmful germs from a toilet.

I remember doing that exact swab test in first year uni 20 years ago :rolleyes: That might be new evidence for television but old news for the real word. Guess what the word is round too, when are they going to show that? :rolleyes:

It used to be that the very worst thing (by far) was a kitchen sponge- especially one which had been used for a minimum of a few days.

That's why I insist that my people clean my store with paper towels and sanitiser (chlorine based) spray.

There are good germs, harmless germs and bad germs.

I would rather get the harmless germs from a kitchen or keyboard than one of the fewer but far more harmful germs from a toilet.
Well that's some consolation they didn't really make that to clear on the TV.

It used to be that the very worst thing (by far) was a kitchen sponge- especially one which had been used for a minimum of a few days.

That's why I insist that my people clean my store with paper towels and sanitiser (chlorine based) spray.

they say you should regularly chuck your wet sponge in the microwave if you want to extend its life

i soak my sponges in disinfectant and boiling water for a few hours every week. and i make sure i have two sponges; one for washing dishes and one for wiping down the benches.

And if you wage war on them you'll get tinea, thrush and other fungal infections because the bacteria combat fungii.:)
So does that mean going without a shower and not washing your hair for a few days and walking around like cavemen and women is good?

The thought of putting a sponge in the dishwasher makes me a bit nauseous!!

And regarding acting like a cave man, just make sure you drag your cave woman by the hair. If you drag her by the feet, she will fill up with dirt :D :D :D

Wylie

Back