thought some folk might like to see what i'm up to.

a little update - read the council's (and neighbouring!) comments.

recommended for approval in a week's time.

Attachments

• council recommendation.pdf
    58.7 KB · Views: 356
Best way to explain is that it ended up looking like a kitchen kick-board. In the daytime, but particularly at night it was pretty impressive, just a sharp shadow line and no dust ;).

At the time we were in a Californian bungalow and thought his ultra-modern glass and panel house was nice, but not our thing. I have never forgotten his wall treatment and after 30 years of having to dust skirting boards, it is something I plan on doing if we ever move house or build.

so it was like a negative skirting board?

Ahhh - don't you love the "not supported". In other words - it complies so "Jam It" nimbys!

p.s. Looks good - but just to confirm - it is 7 single bedrooms dwellings? 6 with shared carpark underneath and one extra?

There's some funny comments from neighbor consultations in that document Aaron. Good luck, keep us posted.

Great work Aaron!

Seems like you've navigated the planning process well. And to get 11 objections and have all of them deemed a non issue is fantastic!

I'm currently waiting on advertising for a multi unit development myself (in melbourne). I find it a nerve wracking time so the 2 wks can't come quickly enough!

Good luck with the project.

Morty

p.s. Looks good - but just to confirm - it is 7 single bedrooms dwellings? 6 with shared carpark underneath and one extra?

it's six 2bed dwellings and one 1bed dwelling, each with their own carbay and 2 communal visitor bays on site.

Old school 3 point hand drawn, nice stuff... I thought that skill had been lost :)

What is the block size and zoning?

it has been lost, it's a 3d computer projection that i traced with a pencil....:D

but i can draw like that anyway :cool:

block is 996, R30.

Seems like you've navigated the planning process well. And to get 11 objections and have all of them deemed a non issue is fantastic!

cheers!

Well done!!!, and as an old hand drawer myself, very nice.

How do you find Archicad. My partner use to use it and it was very hard.

Peter

Linda,

it's not my development so i don't fully understand what they want to do with the site.

as far as i'm aware, they'll probably sell a few and keep a few.

Peter,

ArchiCAD is good and bad. Good that the models are literally like building a house, bad in that it's still a reasonably clunky system to use, nothing like REVIT.

Linda,

Peter,

ArchiCAD is good and bad. Good that the models are literally like building a house, bad in that it's still a reasonably clunky system to use, nothing like REVIT.

Very impressive CV and website. lives the comment re why to use you than the builders designer. Looks like you know your stuff.

Peter

a little update - read the council's (and neighbouring!) comments.

recommended for approval in a week's time.
Just wondering with the wording in the front fence and set back,and the area within the first walls before the footprint walls that seems a large area..

Very impressive CV and website. lives the comment re why to use you than the builders designer. Looks like you know your stuff.

Peter

thanks mate!

i try to stay on top. people i meet chuck names around like they're "in" or something, but i dont pay attention to people, i pay attention to trends and mob psychology.

Back