Thoughts on Bundaberg?

Guys, besides staying out of the obvious areas which were flooded, does any one have recommendations on areas to buy in Bundaberg?

They are looking to approval mining in this town.

don't base your purchase off of proposed mining. In the last week one or two mining applications got rejected. Was on the local news.

don't base your purchase off of proposed mining. In the last week one or two mining applications got rejected. Was on the local news.

Advice taken, just read about this. :)

I'm still deciding on where to get an IP. I have been looking at units in Brisbane which fit into my 350k budget however houses in general seem to have better capital growth.

Just buy a house in Brisbane

It's cheap

You'll kick yourself is you buy in Bundy, nothing against it but Brisbane will have a big 5 years. Barring any flooding

Not sure if Bundy is going to benefit from any mining in the short to medium term, if that's your reason for investing then I would look to Toowoomba as a better prospect. But if you like Bundaberg then the following areas are good:
Branyan
Avoca
Kepnock Heights
Some parts of Bundaberg West

Areas to avoid:
Thabeban
Svensson Heights
East Bundaberg
North Bundaberg (all of it)

Not sure if Bundy is going to benefit from any mining in the short to medium term, if that's your reason for investing then I would look to Toowoomba as a better prospect. But if you like Bundaberg then the following areas are good:
Branyan
Avoca
Kepnock Heights
Some parts of Bundaberg West

Areas to avoid:
Thabeban
Svensson Heights
East Bundaberg
North Bundaberg (all of it)

I would definitely not look at toowoomba for Anything to do with mining

Thanks for your replies guys. I am still undecided on where to purchase my first IP. I would like a house over a unit as I believe houses have more CG potential.

Hi darkliger, since you are looking for houses with land for approx 350K, I'll throw in a couple of ideas to tickle your fancy

Brick house 4 bedrooms. 1265m2 flat land. Zoned R600. Subdivision possible. Sell land or Granny flat?
http://www.realestate.com.au/property-house-qld-woodridge-115979271?rsf=emailalert-propdetails

Note the big parcels of land in front of this property (4-28 Alexander St) and behind (Nyanza st). Good to find out what the owners intend to do with the land.

Highset house 3 bedrooms 814sqm land. Owner will throw in all the furniture in for $1500
http://www.realestate.com.au/property-house-qld-woodridge-115986627

Bargain it down. Possibly make it into a short term rental holiday home with Stayz.com. There's a lot of local demand in the area for short stays (Uncle, Aunty's birthday, cousin's wedding, engagement etc) as well as southsiders who are looking for property. Holidayers will love to splash around in the pool with family and friends.

Both properties are just a few streets away from Compton road which separates Woodridge from Underwood (pricey suburb).

Just some food for thought. Happy TGIF and weekend!

Last edited:
Back