Thoughts on Frankston South

Maybe you did not but at the right price. I have 2 properties in Frankston 1 bought for 320k 6 years ago in Gould st, renovated it now worth close enough to 1m. The other on 2/3 acre in Frankston south bought for 390k 6 years ago now valued at 850-900k. I don't see these as bad growth figures.

You did well. I bought 5 years ago and couldn't afford one street away from the beach. So I bought a few streets West of Kars street one street outside of Frankston South on a corner block of 670 sq. I'll kind of take back what I said in June. A quick cleanup and paint, sanding and polishing of floors has now valued the property at $430-$450k, so not bad considering I picked it up for $345K. And the best bit is - it's a corner block adding a lot of value to the property given own frontage when I decide to build a couple of townhouses. And not only that, it's just been rented for $350/pw giving me a rental return of 5.3% in 5 years and some capital growth. Not bad for a three bedder and bungalow in good ol' Frankston - but you did really well!

Back