thoughts on Logan Village / Jimboomba

Am looking at buying an IP on acreage at Logan Village or Jimboomba East (Logan Village side). Have been reading that there is a huge new Delphin estate "Yarrabilba" being established at the end of Camp Cable Road which will be the same sort of set up as Springfield Lakes.

Anyone know more about the new estate as I cant find a lot of info on it on the net, I am trying to find out how far away it is before they start on it.

Just make sure your landlord insurance is good. I used to teach in the area and Jimboomba has a lot of bad apples

Just make sure your landlord insurance is good. I used to teach in the area and Jimboomba has a lot of bad apples
I have a friend lined up to rent it off me so will be Ok in that regards.

will be able to get away with just get the usual house and contents insurance...

I've heard about the Springfield style development...there is definitely plenty of land out there, should be a good purchase....

Exactly, so how does an abundance of land, = an abundance of building blocks therefore no exclusivity premium make that a good purchase?

Surely with the new Springfield style thing there will just be an abundance of cheap specy rentals popping up (thinks Coomera and probably Springfield)

Unless your purchase is a place on a large splittable block, purchased cheap with good rental prospects and yield, close to amenities, jobs, transport , I would have thought it was an iffy purchase at best.

But I could be wrong, I have been before;)

Dave

Last edited:
bit of a boomtown over the next couple of years. Yarabilba is kicking into gear the village is changing quickly. Woolworths put out tenders in January so wont be too far from moving in. The talk for transport infrastructure is the possibilty of extending the gateway 'through the back' from where it currently ends at the logan motorway.

I have also heard rumours from someone employed to inspect and measure wildlife that they are looking at a double lane road through the back of ormeau.

I cant see any sense in buying any of the blocks at yarrabilba. But the acreage in the area surrounding is still cheap (relative to what your getting at yarrabilba)and about to become much better serviced by infrastructure and amenities.

slightly up north but this went for auction and sold for $500,000 which I thought was good value considering it has a massive rentable house on it with little needed to be done

http://logancity.ljhooker.com.au/30FH2D

Was about to buy but couldn't get my finances sorted in time! Small part of the property out the back is flood zone, though I think when they get around to rezoning it would be worth quite a bit!

Back