Three months of employment mandatory?

Hi all, I have a finance approval question. I've just switched jobs (and career paths) and would like to push forward with my first property purchase. I vaguely recall it being a requirement to have been in a place of employment for three months to receive home loan approval.

Can anyone confirm if this is a stringent policy? I'm looking at using NAB as my lender as I get a better rate and a cash incentive through arrangements with the Defence force.

I'm working for a mates dad so he should be able to vouch for my job security.

Generally not an issue if its the same industry. When LMI comes into play, particularly and LVR of say 95% then credit will need to sign off. Based on the above I don't think you will have an issue.

Hmmm, it's a completely different industry. Moving from client account management to getting my hands dirty in construction. Eight day course in scaffolding leads to a job that pays twice what a graduate degree position provides. The world is crazy.

I'll chat to a broker though, it sounds like it won't be too much of a problem.

Hmmm, it's a completely different industry. Moving from client account management to getting my hands dirty in construction. Eight day course in scaffolding leads to a job that pays twice what a graduate degree position provides. The world is crazy.

I'll chat to a broker though, it sounds like it won't be too much of a problem.

Scaffolding huh? Great fun putting up standards, jacks, ledgers and hop-outs! No so fun when your boss asks you to go and grab him a tranny :eek:

pinkboy:D

Scaffolding huh? Great fun putting up standards, jacks, ledgers and hop-outs! No so fun when your boss asks you to go and grab him a tranny :eek:

pinkboy:D

There's nothing I won't do for the right price :D

Ok then the all important LVR question comes into play - what is your LVR?

My new income will be approx. 85k gross, hopefully my borrowing power will allow me a $340,000 loan. (roughly 90k deposit excluding 17k in grants I'm entitled to.)

Last edited:
Can anyone confirm if this is a stringent policy? I'm looking at using NAB as my lender as I get a better rate and a cash incentive through arrangements with the Defence force.

So you are eligible for the Def force Home loan ?

I recall this is only available as PI, which may be ok.

ta
rolf

Back