Thrilled or Terrified? Thrilled I think

... a deli company, with over 30 outlets across Sydney, want to start stocking my Spotty Dog product range.

Hasn't sunk in yet ... think I'll be cooking my freckle off ... :D:eek:

... a deli company, with over 30 outlets across Sydney, want to start stocking my Spotty Dog product range.

Hasn't sunk in yet ... think I'll be cooking my freckle off ... :D:eek:

Me thinks an entrepreneur in the making, fantastic and scary at the same time:)

Lizzy - the awesome millionaire entrepreneur.

Congratulations!!!
Great news.

You need to be kind of scared sometimes - helps you to grow to next level. This would be good for you.

So get your freckles in the kitchen and cook woman! Lol

That is fantastic news. Cook, cook, cook and if things go well, you could always pay someone to do some cooking.

How did the deli approach you? How did they hear about you? Did you take in samples?

And, yes, I love what I've tasted.

Well done!

30b37tw.jpg

Fantastic Lizzie :)

Make sure you keep some for us "little people". I LOVE the chardonnay/lemon marmalade. I am rationing it out for myself so I dont run out tooooooo soon.

Again...HUGE CONGRATULAIONS. :)

Okay I'm officially scared ... but that will kick my *** into actually getting properly organised instead of dabbling.

Need to research up scaling and better bulk purchasing ... these guys are serious ... they even what to register bar codes and everything! ;)

Okay I'm officially scared ... but that will kick my *** into actually getting properly organised instead of dabbling.

Need to research up scaling and better bulk purchasing ... these guys are serious ... they even what to register bar codes and everything! ;)

You are now a factory Lizzy - you've been pushed into that next step, it's wonderful and it will force you to think bigger.

You are more than capable. Get off Ss and get to work.

Me too ;)

Congrats Lizzie,

On Shark Tank, they say not to allow any buyer, be more than 30% of your income...in case something happens to them.

So, don't drop your current customers, or stop looking for new customers.

Lizzie, find out who has a similar set up in your area (where they sell bulk to retailers), offer to buy them lunch and ask lots of questions.

Better to learn from those who have come before you than stumble around in the dark. It's also a great opportunity to build your network. Another thing is that you can introduce them to your retail partner and they might be able to put you in contact with their partners, too.

Lizzie, find out who has a similar set up in your area (where they sell bulk to retailers), offer to buy them lunch and ask lots of questions.

Already done that ... and spoke to one earlier. She's in the same situation as myself as the product is very difficult to upscale due to the viscosity when cooking ... if required, will casually employ someone for the non-cooking side (labeling, prep work etc)

When it goes ahead, they'll be around 50% of my business - but then comes the decision of "how big" do I want to get? As it is, I'm turning over around $1,500-2,000/month ... I have the capacity to expand to $12,000 with no major headaches except loss of time to faddle around ...

Thanks everyone for the positive support ... means a lot ... I've been busy getting stock levels back up (after a successful run of markets this month) and are now "ready to go" if/when the actual first order comes thru.

I'm not counting my chickens before they roost - but the phone call was "yes, we're definitely going ahead by the end of the month".

Now - back to labeling, then farm work

Back