Tiling Costs?

Hi John,

About five yrs ago now I hired a very reasonably priced tiler (who did a great job) for $25 sq m. That didn't include glue and concrete though.

Nowdays, however, relatives who've had jobs done have been charged around $35-45 per hr. Most tilers don't like small jobs either or charge a minimum charge, depending on how small/large the job is. Prices will also vary, according to location of course. Eastern suburbs of Sydney, for eg, is more costly than where I live (Hills District).
Good luck!

Well I tiled my ex-PPOR 6yrs ago for $25pm, which included concrete (cement with mesh) & glue (tiles glued to the concrete once dried)... had charged $20 for walls (glue included) BUT for cash...

Today prices may have gone up (I hear it is over $30m2 & some charge extra for fancy cuts for borders, etc.) BUT remember that everything is negotiable, in particular if u pay with cash...

MannyB.

Cost and quality of work depends on the amount of work around. All trades are still busy.

Several years ago we paid $35 per square metre + extra loading for anything out of the ordinary (border etc). With reasonable tiles that is $70 metre all up. This builder was the variations king though. :mad:

Get on-site written quotes for the finished job.

tiling costs

Tiling is subject to the size of the job, ask the tiler to quote the work
You will know the area involved
Dont forget to allow 10% wastage for cuts, breakages etc

Regards Fredo

The one thing I learned with the tiling in our last project build was, if you are buying cheap tiles, be really careful of seconds.

They may look like a bargain from the outset (last ones I got were $6/m2 hehe) BUT they were slightly irregular in size, which, did not impress the tilers one bit.

We were charged extra on laying because they had to take so long to play with the tiles to get ones that matched side lengths.

I guess my lesson was, get as cheap as possible, but remember to ask why they are seconds, if it's because they are irregular sizes, only take them if you are going to lay them maybe outside, certainly not if you are going to lay them in a formal area with formal borders.

asy :D

ASY
I think you've got a point there. With the cost of laying tiles and the permanency of the result, some extra dollars per square metre for tiles doesn't count for much. Of course one doesn't go overboard but better quality tiles can add to the value of the house.
Lplate

Back