Tin Can Bay, QLD

Hi all,

I'm new here, super quick intro, I'm 25 my partner is 21. Been living in our PPOR for about 6 months, still doing landscaping. Just bought land for first IP and building 4 bedder on it.

This might be a little bit different to other posts as we already live here and are investing here, just after other peoples opinions/thoughts, or if any other investors in the area.

Tin Can Bay is here. We have an IGA and Woolworths (just openened) as well as all the usual amenities. What originally was a small fishing village is developing fast.

Cooloola Cove (home to Woolworths, IGA is in Tin Can Bay) is 10 mins drive away and what was a seen as a less than desirable development pushed by shady developers has boomed, due to its large 1000-2000m2 land size.

There is a new marina being planned for Tin Can Bay, quite a bit of controversy over this, I'm sure it will go ahead though. There was also talk a few years back about a highway going in to connect the area with Noosa, which I'm sure will happen in the future but who knows...

The reason why I decided to buy an IP in my home town was this, it's the first area with affordable coastal land north of Noosa, a lot of wealthy retirees are moving to the area due to it's affordability and lifestyle. Positive signs of growth such as new supermarket, tavern in the next few years, new marina, several new developments and it's a great place to live.

Anyway I've probably rambled on a bit to much. Look forward to hearing everyones opinions.

Back