To buy now or when FHB Grant ceases

The property market has historically been proven to rise. Imagine it is 1970 and houses in Sydney are $18,000. What would you give to buy 5 or 10 of them?

Would you believe me if I told you that in 40 years time that same house would be over $500,000?

Food for thought.:)

Regards JO

Wow, that's 8.67% compound..!! Pretty darn good eh?

Except I suppose during the high inflation, high interest rate era when that sort of growth would have been regarded as flat. Nontheless, an exceptional investment.

See ya's.

If you find a property that meets your criteria and returns a positive cashflow why not go ahead and purchase?

By the sounds of it most people are going to sit and wait until the FHOG ceases. Wont that mean that a lot of investors hit the market at once which will produce a sustained market? Sometimes you have to do the opposite to the majority.

If you want to wait until the FHOG ceases that's ok, but just make sure you don't find another excuse not to buy. If you buy now and the property market declines, that's fine, save another deposit and buy another one at a lower price. If you buy now and the property market increases then you've just gained additional equity.

If you intend to buy multiple properties to keep for the long term then you'll find you will purchase them in low markets, medium and perhaps high markets. In the long term they will all even up. It's extremely hard to predict when a market hits the bottom so why not start based purely on your due diligence especially your return and if the property ticks all the boxes, puchase.

Peter
www.cashflowcalculators.com.au
www.privaterealestate.net.au

Back