To early to tell....

What is with these real estate agents who list no price, then when you query the house they state "its too early to value"

With all their experience they don't know what the house is worth? and the vendor has no idea what they want to sell the house for?

So assume the plan is for everyone who views the place give feedback that its worth 100K less than they actually think.

You telling me the RE agent is going to respond in a few weeks time based on feedback the house is expected to sell at whatever the feedback has been?

yes i know its a stupid question and i should know the market value myself but how annoying are Real Estate Agents period.

What is with these real estate agents who list no price, then when you query the house they state "its too early to value"

With all their experience they don't know what the house is worth? and the vendor has no idea what they want to sell the house for?

So assume the plan is for everyone who views the place give feedback that its worth 100K less than they actually think.

You telling me the RE agent is going to respond in a few weeks time based on feedback the house is expected to sell at whatever the feedback has been?

yes i know its a stupid question and i should know the market value myself but how annoying are Real Estate Agents period.

what price are the owners expecting?
what price did you give the owners when they signed up?
what did mrs smith's place sell for down the road?
what do you think it will sell for?
what was the last bank valuation?

fire off lots of these questions and they might buckle to one. never ask a rea a question unless you know the answer.

I'm with you Pommie. Despite the fact that I watch the market (in the areas I'm interested in) like a hawk and usually have a good idea of a property's worth, I also find this practice very annoying. To me, it's a strategy that either scares potential buyers off (too scared of paying too much) or invites ridiculous offers.

No price, no address, no idea.

For some properties I think you really shouldn't place a price on them, these properties should be quite rare, as a blanket policy for listings I think the no price concept actually harms sellers. It certainly makes it more difficult for me to deal with properties as a full time buyer.

vendor was a high price and is not interesting in the usual market

different type of marketing strategy.

Then again - it should be a standout property.

They do this to test a market price above what they are expecting.

They would have a comparable market analysis before they put a property on the market - required by law. The price is also in the sale agency agreement - they do know they just want to know what the market thinks and will pay.

It is annoying and as a rule we don't do it in our agency.

Back