To Sue or Not To Sue

no chance !

Ben,

I'd say, from what I've read on these boards, there is no chance you will ever be either thick or unable to speak english !!!!

I just started posting on this board yeaterday and you all sound very knowledgable and amazing....I'm going to learn a huge amount coming here !

Sav

read a few books and the archives, that is all i have done (theres no new ideas here, im simply regurgitating what ive read and done to a limited extent)

the real experts are ppl who are talking from experience !

economics has taught me theory is nothing :)

maybe i should start a seminar on how to learn about property investment - and just rip all the material for it from here :p j/k

Ehm, guys. Think outside the square.

Perhaps the guy didnt have enough deposit and thats why his loan got rejected and therefore couldnt meet your contract.

Solution: Wrap it to him.

Or, perhaps thats not the reason. In which case, Solution: Sue.
Aim for:
* The 10% deposit you were supposed to get.
* The difference between what they were going to buy it for and what you might have to sell it for (if its less).
* The investment income you might be receiving if the property had sold and you had put your money into a new IP already. (loss of potential income is recognised in most areas)

Or perhaps Im a little harsh :confused:

Originally posted by Sim
Actually - rebutting is the verb, rebuttal would be the noun. "I am doing a rebuttal", like, "I am going for a jog" are nouns, where "I am rebutting", or, "I am jogging" are verbs.

Rebuttal: the act of dropping your pants.

Rebutting: actually dropping your pants.

These days people use that silly american thing of turning nouns into verbs, like:

gifting and medalling and transitioning and.......enough already.....i have better things to do than this............yeah right:)

grammar 101 for us youngin's

if you have a squiggly green line under a word this means you have made a grammatical error, hit F7, accept changes and pretend they still teach grammar in school :)

XBENX,

I'm an older'un.

I hate the grammar checking in Word. Though I do like Word (I don't want to open that debate). Grammar seems only good for finding double spaces.

I started work in an era when paper copies on typewriters were the norm for any documentation. People who typed the documents were excellent spellers and grammar experts. The first draft of any document waqs usually of very high quality, and revisions were only because of change of content.

Now, everyone types their own documentation. And everyone relies on the spell checker to replace a good proof read.

I'm not talking about posts on a forum like this, where I'm one of the worst offenders (not even using spell checkers, to my own detriment). I'm talking about documents from the highest people in any organisation. The ease of being able to make changes easily has probably led to a decline in the standard of English grammr generally.

Its a living language guys. It changes. Live with it, or learn to speak old/middle English.

Jas (author of two books, not that you'd realise giving my spelling)

cool jas - what are the books ?

id love the novelty value of writing a book - it would be nice to add author to the resume :)

(dont take that the wrong way)

Back