Todays posts or New posts on te web site

I have a question about the layout of the somersoft webpage.
On one computer Todays posts is a heading but on another computer it has New Posts.
Why? It has been bugging me for seveal months

"Today's posts" shows any thread which has had a response in the last day.

"New posts" shows threads which have posts which you have not yet read. It may be threads which are much less than one day, or much more than one day.

The operation of "new posts" was changed a while back- it's made it much better. Previously, "new posts" were only those which had received new posts since the last time you were active in the forum. Not it includes only threads which have had new posts where you have not opened the thread.

hi all
for my .002 if I hook up on the main frame the website see's that

and new posts, the post from those that I have read from that computer but if I log in on the laptop it gives me, from the last post I read from the laptop.
so it depends not on your log in but from where you are viewing it from.
it is not a problem for me as I am not that old that I can't remember what I have read but it could be.

geoffw said:
"Today's posts" shows any thread which has had a response in the last day.

"New posts" shows threads which have posts which you have not yet read. It may be threads which are much less than one day, or much more than one day.

The operation of "new posts" was changed a while back- it's made it much better. Previously, "new posts" were only those which had received new posts since the last time you were active in the forum. Not it includes only threads which have had new posts where you have not opened the thread.
I never get todays posts on one of the computers i use so I think ruby may be right.
I will check when I goback to the coal face.

grossreal said:
hi all
for my .002 if I hook up on the main frame the website see's that

and new posts, the post from those that I have read from that computer but if I log in on the laptop it gives me, from the last post I read from the laptop.
so it depends not on your log in but from where you are viewing it from.
it is not a problem for me as I am not that old that I can't remember what I have read but it could be.
MAINFRAME !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!man you must be as old as I am !!!!!!!

ggumpshots said:
I never get todays posts on one of the computers i use so I think ruby may be right.
I will check when I goback to the coal face.
From what I understood of ggumpshots question it was more a matter of the headings in the menu bar. Not a question on the differences between new posts and today’s posts.

Hopefully that’s the problem anyway. Let us know ggumpshots. :)

Back